Author Topic: What doesn't it like about my Java files?  (Read 4020 times)

PengiunLust

What doesn't it like about my Java files?
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »
I have avast! 5, the freebie, and it keeps saying stuff about these Java files, that were installed using Sun's own VM. It keeps hitting on these vmain.class, and c.class files in these cache sub-directories in my Application Data. (I wish I could copy and paste from there) The severities are High and Medium. The Statuses are "Other:Malware-gen", "Java:Agent-AW [Expl]", and "Java:Jade-C [Heur]". What does all that mean and how'd it get there?

Mr.Agent

Re: What doesn't it like about my Java files?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:55:03 AM »
Try clearing your cache on Java. Just go to Program Control > Java Panel > Options of Internet Temporary > Delete all > Scan again > Feed back.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:56:38 AM »
Its alway good to clear your cache because if you have been on a infecting site then its might have been creating java cache if the site was requiring java.

Otherwise if you want you could clear your browser cache.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 01:31:02 AM »
You could send these exploits [Expl] and Heuristic [Heur] detections for analysis as possible false positives.

Send the sample to avast as a False Positive:
Open the chest and right click on the file and select 'Submit to virus lab...' complete the form and submit, the file will be uploaded during the next update.
Periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

PengiunLust

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:46:16 AM »
Try clearing your cache on Java. Just go to Program Control > Java Panel > Options of Internet Temporary > Delete all > Scan again > Feed back.
Ok, I went to clear it, and I still get the threats. That doesn't surprise me, because when I looked at the temporary files, I didn't see any c.class or vmain.class, but I did see files from 1998!!!

Something must have happened, because instead of 8 threats I have 6. I think I'll report false positives.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:48:57 AM by PengiunLust »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
Whilst they may not be FPs, since these are newly created signatures for JAVA [Expl] & [Heur] it is worth having them analysed so that these signatures can be fine tuned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security