Author Topic: Warning System UNSECURED  (Read 5083 times)

TammyB

Warning System UNSECURED
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this one:
Since this morning I keep getting "Warning, your system is UNSECURED" - tried rebooting laptop as suggested, but the message stays the same. Other error messages I get: 1)Unsecured - system not protected - click "fix now" -- If I do this, nothing happens. 2) Avast anti-virus - Program has been stopped or is in an inconsistent state, press start program to resume protecting your system -- nothing happens when I click on that icon either. 3) Failed to update - service not running (when I try to update the database)
Hope it's nothing serious!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Warning System UNSECURED
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
Since this morning I keep getting "Warning, your system is UNSECURED" - tried rebooting laptop as suggested, but the message stays the same. Other error messages I get: 1)Unsecured - system not protected - click "fix now" -- If I do this, nothing happens. 2) Avast anti-virus - Program has been stopped or is in an inconsistent state, press start program to resume protecting your system -- nothing happens when I click on that icon either. 3) Failed to update - service not running (when I try to update the database)

Hi TammyB: You could try a 'Repair' of Avast. Go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs and choose Avast. Then click Change/Remove and scroll down the options and choose 'Repair'. When finished reboot your laptop.
If this does not correct the issue, a Clean Install will be your next step. :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »
TammyB could you please supply some info about your system and what other security software is on your machine, previous av and how did you remove, what firewall your running, what version of windows you have , how much ram ?

TammyB

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

Hi TammyB: You could try a 'Repair' of Avast. Go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs and choose Avast. Then click Change/Remove and scroll down the options and choose 'Repair'. When finished reboot your laptop.
If this does not correct the issue, a Clean Install will be your next step. :)

Thanks - I did as you suggested and it seems my system is protected again. :)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »
You're welcome. ;)