Author Topic: Have you forgotten about your paying business customers?  (Read 12738 times)

Bio

Have you forgotten about your paying business customers?
« on: February 24, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »
We are still on version 4.8 of managed avast and you now have v 6 out.
When we will be getting our updates or are you moving away from managed Avast?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Have you forgotten about your paying business customers?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:46:47 PM »

Business versions are coming shortly, afaik. :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

CFS

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »

Business versions are coming shortly, afaik. :)
asyn

Four months later (thats just from this post!!)... Where are we?

Desperatly need the new version, if only for the SPAM filtering!!!

I've been hearing its "due any time now" since Dec 2010...

Thanks, Mark

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

HCI

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
Yes -- but some of us are waiting for the full server version.  And we cannot put BETA software on production environment servers.  We are still running on versions created in the fall of 2009!!!

I agree -- I just recently renewed (was very tentative on doing so because of the lack of an updated version for enterprise users) based on the published information that a new enterprise version was going to be released by now.  I guess I should have learned my lesson from when it was quoted we were going to get a new version close to 2 years ago and did not.   :(

I'm also holding up a deployment of Windows 7 to my entire environment waiting for the new managed enterprise version.  (Yes, yes the old version is supposed to work -- but I don't want to have to upgrade everything only to turn around and have to do so again just because 1 very important app, Avast, was delayed.)

I have been a user and promoter of Avast products for the last 5+ years at two different companies, so I'm not just someone who is fly by night on here commplaining or bad mouthing Avast.  BUT!  Count me as very frustrated!!   >:(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
As far I know, new versions are expected to this week.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
While I can understand your frustration, I can't help you to overcome it.
We're in the same boat. ;)

moseshull

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »
The new version does not recognize the the Small Business Server license. Tech support actually sent me a 4.8 version to use with my key even when I as for a replacement key to work on the new software with my Windows 2008 Small Business Server. It clearly states in paragraph 3 of the license agreement that I should be able to use the latest version of the software, but they do not seem to be willing to honor their own agreement.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »
The new version does not recognize the the Small Business Server license. Tech support actually sent me a 4.8 version to use with my key even when I as for a replacement key to work on the new software with my Windows 2008 Small Business Server. It clearly states in paragraph 3 of the license agreement that I should be able to use the latest version of the software, but they do not seem to be willing to honor their own agreement.

http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles&subject=SALES

moseshull

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
I have try to contact sales starting on August 11th with only 1 response asking me if my icon is blue or orange, after that nothing. I have emailed them my email address, my phone number and the times I am available. That solution does not seem to be working because no one at sales is responding. So your posting of a link to the sales communications page does me ZERO good.
 :'(
Has anyone out there been about to upgrade from the SBS version to the BBP version?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot

wpn

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
@Asyn

Users that used to have SBS suite and that upgraded to SBC have gotten a license from mostly their resellers that is not giving the features it supposed to give.

SBS licenses are upgraded to BPP (the plus version) but the Exchange and Sharepoint plugin are not available... there are several postings about this now in the forum.

So far i havent heard if this is a technical issue or a "generated a wrong key" issue which could be solved by generating the right key.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
Thanks for the info wpn.

PS: I like your SBC FAQ..! :)

wpn

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »
your welcome and thanks :)

moseshull

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 03:02:29 PM »
2 Weeks and still no response from AVAST about fixing the keys for SBS version to work with the BPP version. This is getting very frustrating. I have submitted 2 tickets that have not been responded to in over a week. I have several other clients waiting on me to fix this issue before we continue forward with them but they are growing impatient and starting to ask me about other corprate AV software. My clients are starting to lose confidence in the AVAST product because of the inability to received responses from them in under a week much less a day.