Author Topic: Problems From Avast 6 Update  (Read 2863 times)

Gene54

Problems From Avast 6 Update
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
This morning I allowed Avast 5 Free to update itself to Avast 6. After it was done I rebooted the system to let it a settle down and found it was blocking SeaMonkey from starting and I hanging the system on a shutdown or reboot. After adding Seamonkey to the Exceptions in the Settings and the File Scanner Settings and playing with Avast settings, turning off anything that might be causing the problems, nothing seemed to fix the problems. So I downloaded the Avast 6 removal tool (on another machine!!) and uninstalled Avast 6 and cleaned out the registry. I then did a clean install of Avast 6. Well it worked just fine for a few and then the problems returned. I'm typing this on the machine with Avast turned off because with it on Seamonkey (Mozilla) and now even Internet Explorer won't load!!

This is a pretty simple machine, IBM, T60 with XP Service pack 3 and all the updates (except WGA!! LOL). Any help you can lend me will be very much appreciated.

Gene

Xr1Xs

Re: Problems From Avast 6 Update
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »
Did you try de-activating the script-shield... worked for me when I couldn't see any facebook pages and the latest flash-player wasn't working!