Author Topic: False positive restore?  (Read 4788 times)

jbogut

False positive restore?
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
One of my users likes spy hunter and Avast keep deleting it. I restore it from the chest, it removes it. I added the executable to the Standard Shield exception list, still deletes it. He now has on access turned off until I get an answer....HELP!

Jan Nabelek

Re: False positive restore?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »
I had similar problem with Nirsoft utility MessenPass today
You can quickly report false positive on http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles and wait for new VPS. Than you can restore your file from chest, if problem is on one computer, otherwise run special task which can restore all false positive files

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:01:51 AM »
As a workaround, you can add these files to the Files Shield exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' orange icon, click on the Real-Time Shields folder at left > File Shield > Expert Settings > Exclusions > Add.
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.

You can also add it to the general exclusion list (on demand scannings). Left click the 'a' orange icon, click on Settings button > Exclusions > Add.

That will stop the File System Shield scanning any file you put in that folder.
The best things in life are free.

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »
Dear Tech, remember we are in ADNM forum... :-)
We have no orange icon, but blue icon of Avast 4.8... We have Standard shield, instead of File shield...
We now how to set exclusion, but this is temporary workaround not solution... The right solution is report FP to Avast support and wait for new VPS, than restore deleted files, as I mentioned...