Author Topic: Avast License Error  (Read 2857 times)

jhodge31

Avast License Error
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:23:33 AM »
Hi, I downloaded Avast Internet Security ver. 6 with a 1 year subscription. My problem is that often I will turn on my computer and my version will no longer be licensed. This also make it so the wireless is no longer able to connect and instead says the cpu has a limited connection (it's not the router as other devices are able to connect). When I try to install the license again it doesn't work. It also creates an error in Safari and iTunes where they no longer work as well. If I uninstall the program and install again the license works but the wireless connection remains - so I'm forced to reload an old restore point. I since have turned off the Windows firewall hoping that would help. Any ideas or help?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast License Error
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:31:20 AM »
Old restore points... Your avast installation got messed.
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

jhodge31

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 06:11:50 PM »
I did the reinstall which worked except now my internet is cutting out every so often and the speed always reads 150 mbps (which is good, just seems odd it never changes). The errors I am getting are as follows, Problem with wireless adaptor or access point" and The connection between your access point, router or cable modem and the internet is broken." When I have windows trouble shoot the problem is will stay "fixed" for about 10 mins maybe 15 then I get the same error. Any ideas about this new error? Thanks.

jhodge31

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 06:13:23 PM »
To clarify I have wireless, the drivers are up to date and the internet works fine with other devices. I am using Windows 7 on a Asus G53J. Thank you.

doktornotor

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »
I did the reinstall which worked except now my internet is cutting out every so often and the speed always reads 150 mbps (which is good, just seems odd it never changes).

If you disable the 802.11n mode on your wireless card (should be possible in device manager when you double click on the WLAN card), do you still get the connection loss?