Author Topic: U3 Edition Subscription Renewal  (Read 49192 times)

sanookguy

U3 Edition Subscription Renewal
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
My subscription for the U3 edition expires in 9 days, and I am not able to find any links on the avast website to renew it. Everything links to upgrade info, not renewal. Is U3 no longer being supported?

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
Re: U3 Edition Subscription Renewal
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »
I even could not find U3 on the site!  ::)
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

sanookguy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
Hype for version 6.0 (normal, pro and internet)is all I have been able to find.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:56:53 PM by sanookguy »

rdekeijzer

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
I am having the same issue :(, my subscription is already expired for a while and I can't find anything about the renewal either

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
You can contact avast here: http://www.avast.com/contacts
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

sanookguy

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, after 3 days, no one has replied.

Offline Vlk

• Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »
Yes, avast U3 Edition is a discontinued product. It is still supported for those users who have a valid subscription but it's not possible to buy or renew the product anymore.

Sorry for that.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, after 3 days, no one has replied.

You're welcome..!
Sorry, that the answer of Vlk isn't (most probably) the one you expected.
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
Thank you VLK for Clarify
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

bonsei

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »
Unfortunately sandisk decided that they will no longer continue with U3 launchpad.
The End of Life notice is on their website:
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5358/kw/U3%20discontinued/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNTc0ODcxMi9zaWQvS1I2WEJodWs%3D

I was hoping Avast would realize that there are still people out their using their product willing to support a renewal of their Avast! Antivirus U3 Edition.  I'm surprised that the would easily turn off the spigot to potential earnings.  How much more work would it be to update virus definitions.

Anyway, hopefully someone realizes this and just sends me a renewal bill before it expires May 23, 2011.

mike007

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
Any other solution for stick then?

Hi there,
we are roaming a lot with our USB-sticks (office, home, customers) and would like to check the environment before we start any application. Is there any current product from Avast which can do that? I searched the website and shop in vain.

(We are running several sticks with mail and banking applications on them, some are still U3-sticks equipped with the discontinued Avast-U3-edition where the antivirus files are no longer updated.)

Has anyone a good idea how to reach our goal with Avast?
Thanks in advance!
Mike

forbin

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »
Yes, avast U3 Edition is a discontinued product. It is still supported for those users who have a valid subscription but it's not possible to buy or renew the product anymore.

Vik:

I understand the logic of no longer selling the product, since U3 is now dead.  But there are still a lot of U3 drives (and users!) out here that have the product and are willing to pay to extend their subscriptions to receive updates to their virus signature DBs.  I urge Avast! to reconsider, and allow subscriptions to be extended. 

(It will be at least another year before the flashdrive makers are finished hashing out the proposed replacement for U3, and in the meantime, a lot of us plan to stick with our old U3 drives.)

Or... is there a viable alternative that I can still install on my U3 drives and keep updated?  Is there a "green" version of the Free or Pro products (e.g. doesn't use the registry, or "INI/key on Disk") ??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 03:15:03 AM »
I understand the logic of no longer selling the product, since U3 is now dead.  But there are still a lot of U3 drives (and users!) out here that have the product and are willing to pay to extend their subscriptions to receive updates to their virus signature DBs.  I urge Avast! to reconsider, and allow subscriptions to be extended.
Focus, market share, etc.
But I understand your logic. I hate when products are discontinued.
The best things in life are free.