Author Topic: Can I disable Avast's message that appears on startup...  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Can I disable Avast's message that appears on startup...
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 03:31:58 PM »
amcg, if you do not install any resident (note, I do not say disable, I say 'not install') you won't install the antivirus...
Only with Skins, English Language Extension and English Help I think you have nothing but an antivirus...  ::)
The best things in life are free.

amcg

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 03:44:43 PM »
amcg, if you do not install any resident (note, I do not say disable, I say 'not install') you won't install the antivirus...
Only with Skins, English Language Extension and English Help I think you have nothing but an antivirus...  ::)
If I have nothing but the antivirus (i.e. no resident checker) then why was I seeing the message appear every time on startup?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004, 04:43:19 PM »
If I have nothing but the antivirus (i.e. no resident checker) then why was I seeing the message appear every time on startup?

Most probably ashUpdSv.exe (the update service) or anything else...

Look, you have in theory two antivirus... but more than this, you have Norton  :(
Ok, everything could happen... If you want to use avast!, well, it will be better and simple just throw awai NAV...
The best things in life are free.

whocares

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2004, 05:10:07 PM »
I thought it worked now without warnings.. ?  ???

if not, deactivating the respective Non-PnP-driver for avast shield(s) should finally crack it ;)

Or maybe Vlk can come up with something else..
I'm not advertising Norton, but it shouldn't be impossible to use avast on-demand together with it..

(I had a similar problem with avast-OA & AVPE-OD once, but that got solved, too)

;)

amcg

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004, 05:55:09 PM »
Sorry Whocares, I realise my reply to you was ambiguous. I had followed your advice however when I rebooted the message was indeed there as per usual.

Thanks for all your replies. It's not a huge problem, just an annoying one. I may well go the dumping NAV route, we'll see.