Author Topic: I want Avast back!  (Read 3308 times)

Nathan

I want Avast back!
« on: September 18, 2004, 06:31:19 PM »
Last week a computer tech buddy was "tweaking" my computer and took it upon himself to dump my "Avast! 4 Professional Edition Antivirus Program". (He's not really an ass; he just didn't know that I like and had purchased it).  Well, then he installed an anti-virus program call "Etrust EZ Anti-virus" and I hate it.  So far it has allow 5 (FIVE!) trojans into my computer and can't get rid of them.

My question:  How do I go about getting my Avast back?
I have my license key #.
Thanks,
Nate
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 06:33:04 PM by Nathan »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:I want Avast back!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 06:58:05 PM »
Just head to Download section of www.avast.com page. Make sure you select Professional version. After installation just enter serial as you did the first time. You can enter your serial for as long as its valid,no other limitations regarding this. Oh and don't forget to uninstall eTrust prior to avast! installation.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 11:55:18 PM »
Well, put your tech buddy in jail too  :P
Btw, don't believe in every technical who gives you an advice  ;D

Wellcome  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 09:32:21 AM »
If he really was a tech, he would have seen you had a official license for Avast and would have left it there.

Little true story:
Someone has problems with the comp. The neighbour takes a look, but can't solve it. Be hé no problem the neighbour knows a real comp tech. He calls the guy and let him come over. People come over to my store with their problem and when they tell me this I say "if it really was a tech, then why are you here?" And another funny thing about this is that I many times can solve the prob that the "tech" couldn't within 30 minutes, while the customer waits and drinks his cup of coffee.