Author Topic: Avast don't recover O97M.Tristate.C  (Read 3403 times)

guly

Avast don't recover O97M.Tristate.C
« on: September 20, 2004, 02:00:09 PM »
I have installed the latest version of Avast home with the latest update of iAVS.
With the scanning online of the site symantec. com I have discovered in my computer (with windows XP) a virus that avast don't found.
I have scanned my computer also with activescan of pandasoftware.com and this software found the virus.
The virus is O97M.Tristate.C

I consider avast the best antivirus but: Why AVAST don't recover this virus???

Help me please

whocares

Re:Avast don't recover O97M.Tristate.C
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 02:28:06 PM »
Hi,

NO! av detects all viruses, but to improve avast further, please email the file to virus (a) avast.com
- best in a password-protected ZIP- or RAR-archive; include archive-password in the mailtext
- give a short description of your problem/system and/or a link to this posting..

if you need help on removal after submiting the file:
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&ie=UTF-8&q=O97M.Tristate.C+&meta=
 ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Avast don't recover O97M.Tristate.C
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 02:34:42 PM »
Hi guly, welcome to the forums.

Please Help us to Help you - we need more information to be able to help fully,
    - Your Operating System, is it up to date?
   - Virus Name - infected filename
   - Location of infected file, e.g. C:\windows\system32\infectedfilename.exe

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner www.virusscan.jotti.dhs.org if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive.

If it is not a false positive and is a new mutation of a virus not detected by avast (or any other AVs on Jotti), it will be passed to avast helping to speed update of iAVS.

You can also sent it to avast:
If you believe it is a new virus, then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem, the fact that you believe it to be an undected virus and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.

In the meantime check out this page, http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/o97m.tristate.html.

Did you manage to deal with it via an on-line scanner? If not check out TrendMicro's Housecall

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security