Author Topic: Virus on my USBs  (Read 16616 times)

shadyone

Re: Virus on my USBs
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »
Really? I've been told that McAfee is crap in the past, actually this is pretty much the first proper antivirus I've used. (Not one of those fake ones) Well I'm glad that my whole laptop isn't infected and it's just my usbs :D

shadyone

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
So what was that malware doing exactly? and what is a rootkit? theres these files called "fantasy.exe", "music.exe", "pictures.exe", I delete them with Avast! but the Norton at school removes them and they come back o.O, Avast! calls these files win32: rootkit-gen, Severity: High

argus

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
@shadyone

You probably have infected computer.
First you must clean the computer and then USB.

I followed the discussion and I need something to write.
Worm is the only malware that spreads via memoriskih card.
Worm carrying some cargo that will extradite to the OS (virus, trojan ...)

Antivirus is generally are week when the worm is in question.
Panda USB Vaccine may prevent the worm only if it is transmitted through the Autorun option.
However, if you use the second option is powerless Panda, the Panda it can not clean up the USB from malware

On first page you get instructions from @magna86  and what you need to do.
You listen to his advice and do not have, up to you.

If you think that @doktornotor help you to clean your computer, stay with his advice.

ayuta

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »
@shadyone

I suggest you listen to magna86, he helped many people with malware issues in this forum,he seems like a clone of essexboy :p and Mcshield is a legitimate programme , i reccommend using it as well.

shadyone

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 09:52:25 AM »
I vaccinated the computer before I did anything with the USBs. I'm going to install MalwareBytes and scan my computer though just to check lol

argus

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »

Pay attention to the log, which set magna86 and refers to the MCShield.

What did malware do?

It hid  legitimate folders and left their files as folders.

MCS has prevented infection, returned to default folders with malicious files and added extensions vir

Only in cases where MCS is not sure that it is malware, he adds vir extension and disable malware. In most cases it deleted.
Let's say if the flash drive had 50 folders and each of them, has malware, MCS will be clean each folder individually, for a max. of 1 min.

Currently non program, that I know and which exists, and which is for that purpose.

Panda in any case can not fight with such infections.

We worked with the USB drive security test , which costs 50 USD and MCShield which is free malware 5-6

If anybody is interested, the results can be found here...