Author Topic: Avast is MUCH better than AVG. My own experience....  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Cast

Re: Avast is MUCH better than AVG. My own experience....
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:02 AM »
I got avast! two months ago because I was worried my system might be compromised. I've been having full on crashes for the past couple weeks, while avast! turned up nothing in safe mode, or after a normal boot. I installed AVG free, and problem solved...
i would of tried malwarebytes even before i uninstall avast and installed avg.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »
i have also used avg in the past. I thought the 7,5 version of avg was wonderful. but after i upgraded to version 8 it was it. i remember i had trouble almost every day of getting the latest virus database from avg. they might have been better on that in the later versions but. because of that i changed to avast 4,8 and will not never again touch avg again when avast is doing so much better job then avg. and the lower use of ram is another plus for avast on avg i say.

keep up the good job.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

anjandavid

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 08:44:23 AM »
i have also used avg in the past. I thought the 7,5 version of avg was wonderful. but after i upgraded to version 8 it was it. i remember i had trouble almost every day of getting the latest virus database from avg. they might have been better on that in the later versions but. because of that i changed to avast 4,8 and will not never again touch avg again when avast is doing so much better job then avg. and the lower use of ram is another plus for avast on avg i say.

keep up the good job.

Yes, you are right,i have done some thing.
thanks.

skobotinc1

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:32 AM »
I got avast! two months ago because I was worried my system might be compromised. I've been having full on crashes for the past couple weeks, while avast! turned up nothing in safe mode, or after a normal boot. I installed AVG free, and problem solved...
i would of tried malwarebytes even before i uninstall avast and installed avg.
yup. it didn't show anything, either.