Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 221630 times)

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
I like the text version better. It's more work to incorporate, but it has the advantage to give default values where free editing is possible (see update interval setting).

Where there are dropdowns, the word "Default" should show up with the default item (blue arrow - just in case you wouldn't understand...  8) )
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The main problem is in the length of the description already, some languages are much longer. As I mentioned that would also require all languages to have further translation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

How much longer do we have to wait for the final release and I'm getting worried about Avast trying to resolved their bug problem, can I ask Vlk or Igor for their current feedback please on how they are going :-\ :-\ :-\
It is just as annoying like kids in the back seat asking Are we there yet?

It will be released when its ready.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Constantly repeating "It will be released when its ready." is not much less annoying, tbh.
 ::)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Hermite15

Constantly repeating "It will be released when its ready." is not much less annoying, tbh.
 ::)

you got a point there ... you end up getting more people answering that obvious bs than people asking ;D ...

Nesivos

Which is the problem that we spoke about marking what are the default settings (* by the description of check box, etc.) so that the user knows they are default settings or there is no other way to tell.

Other than by resetting it to default settings in troubleshooting [6.0.1044], which is a bit severe if you just want to know what the defaults were. You might want to check something, but you don't want to completely reset defaults to find out.

Since there is no export or import settings function you would have to set all your custom settings, scans, exclusions, trusted processes, etc. etc.

AIS now has so many options for users to change there should be some kind of file accessible from the GUI that lists all the options that users can change, their descriptions, what the default settings and current setting are of those options as well as the dates associated with each and the location in the GUI where the option can changed

This would be extremely helpful to new users and those who have upgraded.

Of course most agree that Avast should also have a way for users to keep their old settings whenever there is new install done using the installer.

The program is adding so many options that it really is starting to become a "Forum" post generator especially for new users.

This would be really helpful to new users

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Yes It will be released when it is released..   I have noticed when you want like 3:00 get here was it will seem like it is taking forever and when you don't think about it, it will get here faster.  Basically Don't worry when another release cause it might make the next Release take longer to get here. :P
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
I don't know if it was reported, but SafeZone browser keeps crashing again and again, when I try to clear browsing history...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h478/Paulius_Yla/avast%20screens/P1000031.jpg

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
I don't know if it was reported, but SafeZone browser keeps crashing again and again, when I try to clear browsing history...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h478/Paulius_Yla/avast%20screens/P1000031.jpg

it was fixed yesterday, thanks

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
pk,any word on when the 64 bit problem with ie sandboxed will be fixed?the problem with flash & java?

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
 Question: -IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **
Answer: No, It's not. Vlk release new !  ;D
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Hermite15

thread should be locked now ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Yes, should be locked and anyone reporting a problem with this build should confirm (or otherwise) if it has been resolved in the 6.0.1086 topic.

Or if they created a topic specifically about their problem, make it resolved by 6.0.1086, etc...
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
thread should be locked now ;)
+1
Yes It should be locked
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).