Author Topic: Js-seeker  (Read 2905 times)

cuffnstuff

Js-seeker
« on: September 23, 2004, 08:59:01 PM »
Does the Js-seeker sometimes come up as a false positive when you scan with Bart?  We use BART all the time at my workplace and BART commonly finds JS-seeker usually in the swp file on our Win 98 machines.  My network admin thinks that it is a false positive.  I just wanted to check with the experts.

Thanks,
Rex

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Js-seeker
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 11:31:45 PM »
Hi cuffnstuff, welcome to the forums.

If you are getting a virus warning that you believe is a false positive, then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem (the fact that you are using Bart CD), the fact that you believe it to be a false positive and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast Bart version etc.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner www.virusscan.jotti.dhs.org if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive.

Have you tried the avast 4 Bart CD forum, it may provide more specific information/help.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security