Author Topic: Automatic. Delete Mails?  (Read 12973 times)

Carlotta

Automatic. Delete Mails?
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:33:43 PM »
Hi,
I use Avast Home, the free edition. Ist there a possibility to let delete mails with virus automaticly? Now I have to click double to delete such mails. It would be better, the avast deletes such mails automaticly.
Ciao, Carla

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Automatic. Delete Mails?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 05:39:06 PM »
Set Avast to silent mode.

click the blue ball > internet mail > change > advanched > silent mode (if you use OE as email client)

click the blue ball > outlook/exchange > incomming > remove it unconditional (if you use Outlook/Exchange)

This is also explained in the help file from Avast as well as in many threads here on this board.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 05:46:43 PM »
Is there a possibility to let delete mails with virus automaticly?

In fact, not  :-\
This is a Professional version feature.
What Eddy described is the Silent Mode: the email is sent to Chest, not deleted.

Wellcome to forums  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 05:57:40 PM »
Thanks for the add-on Technical. I forgot to mention it.

Carlotta

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 06:18:51 PM »
Thanks!
I use Outlook 2002.  I had the setting "outlook/exchange > incomming > remove it unconditional" But neverthless t had to click the virus-message two times, to delete the mails.
Now I put the setting: "sent to chest (Gelöschte Objekte)". I hope, that the virusmails would now sent to chest automaticly.
Ciao, Carla

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 06:30:10 PM »
It should work now. Let us know if there is a problem. In the mean time, stick around here. You may see some other usefull/interesting things on this board.

This board is not only about Avast. In the off-topic section almost anything is posible. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 07:27:56 PM »
Carlotta, the Outlook/exchange plugin will be better. This feature (Silent mode) will be improved. Standy by  ;)

Carlotta

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 11:26:18 AM »
Thank you for the friendly welcome!
There was no improvement through the settings sending the email to chest ("papierkorb"). The two windows with the options to delete the virus-Email still appear.
Do you know, when the outlook/exchange-plugin with the feature "silent mode"  will be available for the home edition?
Ciao, Carla

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 03:12:37 PM »
There was no improvement through the settings sending the email to chest ("papierkorb"). The two windows with the options to delete the virus-Email still appear.

What provider are you talking about? Standard Shield or Internet Mail provider?
Anyway, if you use MS Outlook, neither of them will help you.

Do you know, when the outlook/exchange-plugin with the feature "silent mode"  will be available for the home edition?

Next weeks... This version will support the automatic feature that you're looking for (MS Outlook). I can't be sure, you know, software releases could delay  ;)

Carlotta

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 03:38:24 PM »
I use MS Outlook 2002. OK, I wait für the new version. May be, the silent mode ist included.
Thank you, Carla

Carlotta

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 01:49:50 PM »

What provider are you talking about? Standard Shield or Internet Mail provider?
Anyway, if you use MS Outlook, neither of them will help you.

Next weeks... This version will support the automatic feature that you're looking for (MS Outlook). I can't be sure, you know, software releases could delay  ;)

Hi,
any news? Ist the new beta-version adaptive to the home-edition an ist the "silent mode" for the outlook/exchange-plugin available?

Ciao, Carla

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 03:40:03 PM »
Any news? Is the new beta-version adaptive to the home-edition an ist the "silent mode" for the outlook/exchange-plugin available?

Yes it is...
Try to download the build 4.5.529. More informations here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9007  ;)

Carlotta

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 05:49:52 PM »
Any news? Is the new beta-version adaptive to the home-edition an ist the "silent mode" for the outlook/exchange-plugin available?

Yes it is...
Try to download the build 4.5.529. More informations here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9007  ;)

Thanks. I installed the build 4.5.529, but there ist no difference.  I can use the "quiet mode" in the settings of outlook/exchange, but still opens a window which asks me, to delete or to move the infected mail/attachment. There ist no automatic. deleting such mails. I prefer to see nothing from the work of avast. What ist wrong?

Ciao, Carla

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 08:22:08 PM »
Hope this helps...

Carlotta

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 09:14:33 PM »
Hope this helps...
Thanks again. But this ist exactly the setting I`ve done.  But there ist no "still mode".  By recognizing the infected mail, the window with the question appears, what to do. I have to click on "delete" and in the second window the same.
May be, the "still mode" donst`t work with outlook 2002?

Ciao, Carla