Author Topic: Pc Id compromised  (Read 10783 times)

Gene Johnson

Re:Pc Id compromised
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 07:32:08 PM »
I think I have the answer to the Yahoo/Opera question. this screen save is off the Opera forums. Eddy, you do not have a Yahoo "package". I do, SBC/Yahoo . I believe amaru does also, now that he has dsl.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 07:44:25 PM »
Yup, I don't have a "package". Seems like the people who have it ar the "victums" of "sales policy" to me. I am a free man and like to make my own decissions about what I want on my systems and what I can do or not. (not saying my decissions are always the best ones) It sure looks to me that if you install the software indepently of any vendor, it will work. I may be wrong about this, but it sure looks like it to me.

amaru

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 10:42:30 PM »
Hi,
To get back to the problem.  I have used Opera for a long time without any problems.  Just set cookies on (F12 for quick settings) before loging into Yahoo.  It worked OK before I got infested by the DSL avalanche of virus.
The keyboard is OK.  I inst***ed am IBM keyboard to the back of the Laptop to see if it would produce the same problem.  The IBM keyboard was working fine on a desktop.  Inst***ed The IBM keybord on the laptop, went to the internet via DSL and the problem was still there.
Switched the keyboard bacj on to the desktop, went to the internet via DSL and logged ok to *** my account (by the way you will problably see the word changed to *** in the previous sentence since I am typing this reply on line).
The system itself run fine.  When I am not on the internet the keyboard is ok.
I am able to type anything and see it ok.
I still think that I have some kind of animal in my PC its just being able to track it down and destroying it.
Again, thanks for the time and help from *** of you kind people that have reponded.
Mahalo and Aloha
Amaru

amaru

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 10:49:22 PM »
Hi Again,
By the way, the problem is not just the Yahoo account, its also a problem with OperaMail and with Google searches, and as you have seen from my posts it is also a problem with this forum.
Aloha,
Amaru

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 10:50:41 PM »
This narrows down the problem to either a corrupted installation of the OS or hardware error. I suggest you do a clean installation of the OS and see if that solves it or not.

amaru

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 10:52:21 PM »
Hi,
I want to point out that the problem also exists if I go to the internet using MSIE.  So its not an Opera/other application probelm.
Mahalo and Aloha
Amaru

inthewildteam

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2004, 03:26:14 AM »
Hi,
I want to point out that the problem also exists if I go to the internet using MSIE.  So its not an Opera/other application probelm.
Mahalo and Aloha
Amaru

Are you still using the affected pc and connection as it doesn't seem to replicate the problem with the "l" key? Or the "a" key with your previous post

Edit.  Still can't find any links to your pc for a review anywhere

The system I'm using is Windows 2000 Pro.  It has *** the Microsoft fixes up to date.  The PC is a Toshiba Tecra 8500 laptop.
Unquote
  Is this a Dell with a different label perhaps?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 03:37:08 AM by inthewildteam »

Gene Johnson

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2004, 03:50:07 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that he can type "a" or "l" or "al" but not "all". Why that string and that string only?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 03:50:26 AM by Gene J »

inthewildteam

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 03:51:52 AM »
@ Gene J

I've been on this one since the start  ;)