Author Topic: FPS creator free : Is it safe and why does it alert the sandbox ?  (Read 3396 times)

bad man

I would like to try this freeware, but only after minimizing risk. The software causes the sandbox in avast to be invoked. I cant instal this inside the sandbox. So, i am stuck. Please advise.
Is it possible to instal any app inside a sandbox and run it from there.

thanks for hearing

Gargamel360

Re: FPS creator free : Is it safe and why does it alert the sandbox ?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:37:53 AM »
You dont want to try that.

Switch it to "ask" in your settings, and the next time it tries to auto-sandbox it, choose "allow".  This will set up its exclusion so Avast! doesn't try to sandbox it after that.

bad man

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »
You dont want to try that.

Will it lead to problems. I can run "simple" applications inside virtual boxes, but i cannot run things like games and 3d animation. So, i thought i will try running it in my sandbox. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Is this a false detection ?

thanks

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »
If you are comparing something like Virtualbox or VMware to this, it isn't the same thing.  This is a security sandbox, meant to not allow any changes to your system from things within it.  You can maybe Run something in it, but installation is part of what it is made to prevent.  

As for if FPScreator is safe, I have heard of it before, its not unknown to me.  Most likely cause for Avast! wanting to autosandbox it is the file not being digitally signed.  But if you downloaded it from a legit source, it should be safe.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:17:27 AM by Gargamel360 »

bad man

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »
As for if FPScreator is safe, I have heard of it before, its not unknown to me.  Most likely cause for Avast! wanting to autosandbox it is the file not being digitally signed.  But if you downloaded it from a legit source, it should be safe.

I got it from cnet. But i have heard of cases where big and "secure" websites like these have been compromised to serve infected apps. So, that is why I like to proceed with caution. I dont know on what basis these guys put "tested spyware free" next to their downloads.