Author Topic: Do I have a infection ????  (Read 1507 times)

WBFAir

Do I have a infection ????
« on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »
Forgive me if my lingo is not the best but I'm not much of a authority on this stuff but lately and especially after I have updated my latest version of Firefox with the latest version of Java, I keep seeming to run into these, my PC is infected with viruses redirection pages, that either look like a fake rep of Explorer or a Firefox alert, that in both cases seem to be doing a scan that is coming up with infections.

There pretty easy to see that there fakes and eventually they tell me I have infections and direct me to download some program.

Here are a few links to pics of what they look like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adriarichards/3516673598/
http://pandalabs.pandasecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Fake_Firefox_Security_Alert.jpg

So far using the latest and updated versions of all, I have run a full scan of Malwarebytes, Avast (including the boot scan) and the temp file cleaner of OldTimer.

Also I regularly run cCleaner.

For Malwarebytes and Avast when run on the PC they come up with nothing. For Avast in its boot scan it finds some stuff in my Java folder and puts in my chest. For OldTimer and cCleaner of course they delete stuff.

But regardless I still seem to be randomly getting these pop ups that again seem to really have come on a lot more recently after I updated Java, which btw, I did from Javas site on my own.

Also to note that when I disable Java on the browser, they don't enact the scan part but often still will not allow the page I am trying to go to, to come up.

So does anyone think this is some kind of infection I have picked up recently that is on my PC that I need to get off to stop this, or is this just a thing that is going around on the net that I just happen to be clicking on?

Personally and this is just a gut feeling but I really think I have something on the PC as I have never seen this happen so much. But as I have tried everything I can with some really good programs for this to find and get rid of it, it seems odd that I can seem to find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated as these are really annoying.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:48:35 AM by WBFAir »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Do I have a infection ????
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »
For Malwarebytes and Avast when run on the PC they come up with nothing. For Avast in its boot scan it finds some stuff in my Java folder and puts in my chest. For OldTimer and cCleaner of course they delete stuff.
Is Malwarebytes fully updated when you run it ?

Follow this guide from our expert malware remover Essexboy
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
( post the logs here in this topic and not in the guide )

To avoid using multiple post with copy and paste you have to attach the log`s

Lower left corner: Additional Options > Attach ( Malwarebytes log / OTS log ) save OTS log as ANSI

Essexboy will look at the logs when he arrive here later today...