Author Topic: Cannot register for Free Avast Download  (Read 3710 times)

pgordon

Cannot register for Free Avast Download
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
I have been trying to register for Avast Free Download for 2 days . . . the web site is just too complicated now or they just don't allow you to register free anymore.  I have registered 2 other computers in the past and although it was not the easiest thing to do I always managed to get the job done.  Can anyone help me?   :'(

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: Cannot register for Free Avast Download
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
Just start Avast, click on "Maintenance" -> "Registration" and register via the GUI.

How to register Avast free
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:48:09 PM by Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail) »
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

pgordon

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
Steven:

This computer I am trying to register does not have Avast protection . . . it has never been registered.  I have 2 other computers that I have Avast protection on.  I tried using your instructions and couldn't find a "maintenance" tab or button.  Can you give me further help.  Thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
Which version..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
Steven:

This computer I am trying to register does not have Avast protection . . . it has never been registered.  I have 2 other computers that I have Avast protection on.  I tried using your instructions and couldn't find a "maintenance" tab or button.  Can you give me further help.  Thanks

Did you read the link I gave you in above post?
Free MBAM Clear

Jack 1000

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »
Steven:

This computer I am trying to register does not have Avast protection . . . it has never been registered.  I have 2 other computers that I have Avast protection on.  I tried using your instructions and couldn't find a "maintenance" tab or button.  Can you give me further help.  Thanks

Did you read the link I gave you in above post?

Yea,

The OP should click on "How to Register Avast Free" in Steven's post.  In fact, a while back I bookmarked the Registration Page.  Current users of Avast 5 or 6 can still register through the GUI by opening Avast on the desktop, Click on Maintenance, than Registration, than just follow whether or not you have the free version, or want to upgrade to a paid version by clicking on the appropriate link and filling out the form.  Than submit it.

On-Line Registration will be completed in seconds.

For Off-Line Registration, follow the instructions on Steven's post in the above posted link.

Jack
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:52:08 PM by Jack 1000 »

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Aaaahhh... now I think I know...

You mean you don't know how to download the free version?
If that is the case: click on the blue "Free" in my signature and download Avast 6.0.1091 free.
Install it and register via the Avast GUI (Maintenance tab, Registration)
Free MBAM Clear