Author Topic: "Unauthorized changes made to Windows" startup problem with Avast! + Vista  (Read 12486 times)

tdiguy

Hi All.  I am having this problem with vista too... I have 2 vista computers. one running avast and one running avg... Both have the same error.... I have found that if I boot in safe mode
and click on repair the problem goes away for a while and i boot normally...
I think the problem is that I don't have SP2 on either machine...
Thoughts?
jeff

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

sirena

I've been having this problem for a month or two. The first time it happened, I suspected Avast and was able to roll back the most recent Avast update - and bingo, my PC worked again.

Since then it's been happening occasionally.  I can fix the problem by switching the PC off at the wall, which gets me the "Windows shut down unexpectedly" screen and I can "start Windows normally" from there.  It's bloody annoying though.

I suggest people check to make sure they've installed Service Pack 2.  I install updates regularly so assumed everything was up to date - but when I checked my history, I found that SP2 had failed to install.  I've fixed that now so let's hope it works.

Mr_Z

i hope avast will do something now, many people does have this problem i gess...

Mr_Z

no more problem with the beta version

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
no more problem with the beta version
Thanks for posting back.
The best things in life are free.