Author Topic: Unable to enter Piriform forum?  (Read 7507 times)

DarkMasters

Unable to enter Piriform forum?
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:27:14 PM »
Always wondering why everytime I tried to enter http://forum.piriform.com/ I always got this message :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at forum.piriform.com Port 80

It always happen in all my browser (Opera, Firefox, IE). I'm not a member of this forum. I just want to search for some info in there.

Anyone know something about this?

Hermite15

Re: Unable to enter Piriform forum?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:08:54 PM »
np here ???

DarkMasters

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
I see that you are a member there. Do I need to be a member in order to enter the forum?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »
Iv been to the ccleaner community forum before without being a member but if i try to access now i get a 403 error, must be there servers  ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »
I can't ever recall ever signing up on the Piriform forums (and I certainly didn't try to logon), but using your link in the first post, I was able to enter the forums and the Speccy sub-forum.

Edit, based on craigb's comment, I went back and entered the ccleaner forum and opened a topic, no problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:38:21 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »
I tried the link through my other wireless broadband NextG network and it works but not with my 4g wireless network through a different carrier, beats me !

DarkMasters

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:13:10 AM »
Iv been to the ccleaner community forum before without being a member but if i try to access now i get a 403 error, must be there servers  ???

Yeah. The same thing happens to me.

I tried the link through my other wireless broadband NextG network and it works but not with my 4g wireless network through a different carrier, beats me !

I'm using EVDO modem for my internet access. I just don't understand it since i can enter http://www.piriform.com/ but unable to access their forum.

It never happen with any other websites before. I can always enter any websites, even those which harbouring malware in their domain.

DarkMasters

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:19:15 AM »
I can't ever recall ever signing up on the Piriform forums (and I certainly didn't try to logon), but using your link in the first post, I was able to enter the forums and the Speccy sub-forum.

Edit, based on craigb's comment, I went back and entered the ccleaner forum and opened a topic, no problem.

By your comment, I'm suspecting there's something wrong between my network and piriform forum. Is there any possibility that piriform forum blocking my network IP?

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 12:17:59 PM »
I'm not having a problem entering their forum at all.

Is there any possibility that piriform forum blocking my network IP?
There may be if your IP is on a long blacklist.  Have you checked it out with robtex or other IP lookups?  Does your ISP reset your IP every 24 hours?  If so, disconnect for 24 hours or reset the router manually and reconfigure it on the machine to force a new IP (this would depend on your ISP and country).

yongsua

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
I'm not having a problem entering their forum at all.

Is there any possibility that piriform forum blocking my network IP?
There may be if your IP is on a long blacklist.  Have you checked it out with robtex or other IP lookups?  Does your ISP reset your IP every 24 hours?  If so, disconnect for 24 hours or reset the router manually and reconfigure it on the machine to force a new IP (this would depend on your ISP and country).

Safe Surf probably is correct.I am able to access the their forum without issue.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »

By your comment, I'm suspecting there's something wrong between my network and piriform forum. Is there any possibility that piriform forum blocking my network IP?

Well I wouldn't have thought your network IP as that is generally local, but if it were blocking your ISP assigned IP address, then I would have thought that would also apply ti the main site too. Unless they have some sort of anti-spam feature at work blocking banned IPs, but that would generally be done when trying to register for the forums.

Weird.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SafeSurf

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
David, depending on your country and ISP, the ISP assigns your IP and it varies how often they change it (usually every 24 hours for cable/wired).  However if you are on a blacklist, a site you are trying to go onto may not allow you because of the blacklist.  If you do a look up on robtex for example of a really bad IP address, there is a really long list of blacklisted sites.  Many people do not know they have these bad IP's because they belonged to someone else before them.  But there are ways around it if you want to change your IP and then keep it clean.  ;D

DarkMasters

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

I check with robtex and it says that currently my IP isn't listed in any blacklist.

Yes, my ISP reset my IP every 24 hours and everytime I connect.

I'm not behind router. Like what I've said before, I'm using EVDO wireless modem for my internet connection.

Checking again today. I can enter Piriform website but still unable to enter their forum with the same error message. This is really weird.

Correct me if I'm wrong, theoretically if I can enter the domain (piriform.com) then there shouldn't be any problem for me to enter the sub domain (forum.piriform.com) right? (unless there is some rule or restriction applied against my IP number)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, theoretically if I can enter the domain (piriform.com) then there shouldn't be any problem for me to enter the sub domain (forum.piriform.com) right?

Wrong. ;)
piriform.com - 209.62.107.107
forum.piriform.com - 208.67.212.61
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

DarkMasters

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
Oh... Different DNS then... I never thought of it.

Could it be possible that it is my ISP which actually block my access to that server (forum.piriform.com - 208.67.212.61) or it's the other way around?