Author Topic: Windows Explorer context menu not working  (Read 2026 times)

Sandy4

Windows Explorer context menu not working
« on: June 03, 2011, 03:21:15 AM »
winXP .. pro  ... my Windows Explorer  'scan with context menu' is not working.   The icon is there in explorer, but nothing happens when I right click on it.   I've tried in on several files.   It WILL work on a FOLDER, but not on an individual file.    Scan all files selected and content button selected.      Any ideas?    Using latest Avast Free ... 6.0...  Thanks,
Sandy

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Re: Windows Explorer context menu not working
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:04:15 AM »
Try uninstalling using uninstaller and then again install from scratch
and then report back
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Windows Explorer context menu not working
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »
Hi Sandy4 can you please try a repair of avast first, control panel / remove programs /  click on avast then click uninstall and when you get the popup screen scroll to repair and click then click ok, see if that helps you first, if not you will probably have to try a clean install which means downloading a fresh copy of avast and saving then uninstall your current avast via remove programs and reboot, run ccleaner if you have it to get rid of any remnants then re install you new copy of avast.