Author Topic: Update Issues  (Read 1764 times)

Senraeth

Update Issues
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »
I installed Avast 6 Free and am having an issue with updating. When I try to manually check for updates through the GUI, it just hangs at "Initializing, please wait..." every time. The strange thing is that when I check the setup.log file, it looks like the update was downloaded successfully and then nothing was done since I am currently up to date. I also ran Wireshark when trying to update and I do see a connection to the avast servers being made successfully. I would really like for this to work as it should.

I uninstalled Norton 360 before installing avast and I have already tried using the norton removal tool, uninstalling avast and using the avast removal tool in safe mode before reinstalling avast, and ccleaner as well to try to get rid of any old remnants. I am running Windows 7 32 bit and the only other security software I have running are the Windows Firewall (which I have tried disabling - no effect) and Prevx SafeOnline (which I have also disabled to no effect, and I have another pc running just fine with avast and prevx as well).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.