Author Topic: avast! Home Edition License Agreement  (Read 4427 times)

carlosman

avast! Home Edition License Agreement
« on: October 20, 2004, 09:54:38 PM »
First, let me tell you this:

I just installed your Home Edition of avast! v4.1 Anti-virus software.  I have bought and tried more than a few anti-virus titles in the past (since, roughly, 1986).  THIS IS THE BEST I HAVE USED, FREE OR PAID-FOR!!!  The feature set of your software looks like my wish list for anti-virus software.  Congratulations for publishing great software.

Now, to the topic:

I have reviewed the "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH\License.txt" file, your web site, and related posts in your fora.

I could not determine the exact rights you grant me for avast! v4.1 Home Edition.  The license agreement states:

"The primary user of each computer on which the Software is
installed or used may also install the Software on one home or
portable computer. However, the Software may not be used on
the secondary computer by another person at the same time the
Software on the primacy computer is being used."

This clause seems to be for users that have the software installed in their office computer (or something like that), so it would not apply to your "for-personal-and-home" usage specification.   It is a little confusing.

In my case, I have my personal notebook, in which the software is installed right now.  I also have my home desktop computer, where I would like to install the software if, and only IF I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO.

So, I need your clarification to answer this questions: 1) Can I have the software installed in both computers?  2) If I can, do I need to make a second registration and get a second serial for installing the software in that computer?

Thank you in advance for your answer on this important issue.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 10:07:12 PM by carlosman »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:avast! Home Edition License Agreement
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 10:00:35 PM »
1) Can I have the software installed in both computers?

If both have HOME and NON-COMMERCIAL useage, you can install in both of them.
Non-profit organizations (for instance, educational) are not included. Although there are special prices for them. Students could have other prices  ;)

2) If I can, do I need to make a second registration and get a second serial for installing the software in that computer?

You can use the same serial number if number 1) above is correct for your case.

Welcome to avast forums  ;)
The best things in life are free.

carlosman

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 10:03:53 PM »
Thank you very much.  You have made my day!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 10:09:59 PM »
Thank you very much.  You have made my day!!!

I'm an avast happy user too... I've tested others but when I discovered it... well, love at first glance  ;)
The best things in life are free.