Author Topic: Cannot install ADNM, hangs during mirror.exe file download  (Read 7576 times)

esingleton

Cannot install ADNM, hangs during mirror.exe file download
« on: January 21, 2008, 02:31:53 AM »
I set up a new server over the weekend that is running SBS 2003 R2. This afternoon I was trying to install the ADNM in order to deploy the Avast! client software across the domain. The installer kept hanging during what looks like the mirror creation. It hangs while downloading files during "D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\Mirror\Mirror.exe" It has happened five times this evening. The internet connection is rock steady during this time, there is no other network traffic and nothing else running on the computer. I let it sit for 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes it did not resume. If I close the window the install continues but I cannot create the installation packages. I have tried uninstalling and starting over (4 times) and downloaded new install files with the same results. I ran out of time this evening and just left it hanging over night to see if it will remedy itself.

Of the five times it has hung I noted the files (three different ones) and completed amounts, the last two I didn't take note of.

They were all during "D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\Mirror\Mirror.exe":
av_pro_dll804-1b-16.vpu 61% 51%
av_pro_dll409-17c.vpu 71% 25%
av_pro_dll416-1f.vpu 02% 22%
                                 86% 65%

I have installed the whole Avast! system in SBS domains (3 or 4 times) before without any problems, please help.

TIA,
Eric

MDGM

Re: Cannot install ADNM, hangs during mirror.exe file download
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:09 PM »
Just to say, I am getting the same issue on installation on server 2008 r2 (3 years after this thread was created!) Anybody found a fix? Lots of people are hitting this thread with no joy and as a top google search result I think it would be a good thread to update :)

esingleton

Re: Cannot install ADNM, hangs during mirror.exe file download
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
Sorry, I never came up with a good solution other than "try again." It eventually worked itself out.