Author Topic: aswMBR.exe output  (Read 2731 times)

Dark_Energy

aswMBR.exe output
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »
Just ran aswMBR.exe and got the following output:

http://imgur.com/4Z1uZ

I see the button "FixMBR" is not greyed out, does this imply my MBR has been compromised?

And what should I make of the "suspicios files" listed in the output?

Also does aswMBR.exe get regularly updated?

Thanks for you quick responses in the past to my questions.

:)

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
Re: aswMBR.exe output
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:07:22 PM »
Maybe these files are corrupted,aswMBR is made to remove specific rootkits(tdss,mebroot,etc.).If there are any new threats from these families i guess they update it.
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

allpotaDOS

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
Correct me If I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like anything was detected in the MBR of the computer. Those files were being caught by the avast engine scan that was recently added. Have you done a boot scan with avast! or tried running malwarebytes yet?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »
I would ask the question that hasn't been asked, why did you feel the need to run aswMBR ?

If as the result of problems were you think it might be an MBR rootkit, then you should post those symptoms here first. This gives us a better understanding of the problem and the future actions.

As allpotaDOS said, these files should be able to be found by the regular avast scan as that is what is being used to detect them. 

As far as aswMBR being updated, yes it does get updated but the actual scan (the red entries) comes from the avast virus definitions so should be up to date, if you have left those updates on automatic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security