Author Topic: Avast don't scan.  (Read 1882 times)

shiktlah

Avast don't scan.
« on: July 20, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
Good morning.

I've been using Avast Internet security, with regular license acquired, since 2009/2010.. but few weeks ago..with new version 6 I'm in troubles.
Only yesterday I've "collectioned" 10 BSOD... caused from sptd.sys file in system32/drivers.
I know that the problem is about Daemon toos..but I've removed it and cancelled completely with CCcleaner. The registry Key unfortunately remain.(I've installed and remove the last version of Daemon Tools three times in normal and Safe boot)
Anyway I've re-installed Avast after have used your removal tool as described on you site.
But the grat problem is that Avast dont'scan nothing.No rapid scan neither deep scan...nothing.After the launch the scan begin and stop at C:/windows/system32/scvhost.exe  and stay.Yesterday after 10 minutes my pc crashed with BSOD and restart. Engine,viruses and firewall seems to work correctly,but when I try to scan..
I've tried to install Mse(after remotion of Avast of course),that's free antivirus of Microsoft, and with surprise I've noticed any problem.The scan start regularly, and find nothing..the firewall works fine and so on for antivirus.This is really disturbing.... I've payed for an Antivirus that don't work?
My OS is Windows Xp/sp3

shiktlah

Re: Avast don't scan.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
Someone can help me?

May I upload some minidump file? Some report?

shiktlah

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
Nothing?

thank you for your efforts....

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
Someone can help me?

May I upload some minidump file? Some report?
I am not sure I understood your problem, but in any case, the Clean Uninstall tools should be ran from Windows Safe Mode.

Since you are testing other security tools, you may find their uninstall tools at http://thewebatom.net/uninstallers/security-software/

Even when you use Windows Add/Remove... control panel, there might be residuals from other tools that might cause Avast (or any other tool) to run incorrectly. Some infection might have caused it too.

Anyway, if you still want to send (mini)dumps, you should make a zip with the dump and a readme.txt file, including any info relevant and a link to this topic. Please name the zip as your username-date-1.zip, or something unique.

The incoming ftp site is located at ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming. Be aware that it is write-only, so once you send the zip, you won't see it displayed.

It is important to post here the exact name of the file, so someone from Avast Team can check it. If you don't, it won't be checked.

I just hope someone else with better understanding than myself can help you then.