Author Topic: Anybody use Crashplan? Avast! is giving me a warning.  (Read 3371 times)

vincentp

Anybody use Crashplan? Avast! is giving me a warning.
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:27:34 AM »
Hey, I recently decided to switch to Crashplan for online backup since my Mozy subscription expired and their new pricing tiers are lousy.  I've had it running backup for a few weeks and haven't noticed anything odd or really paid attention to it at all.

Tonight I tried to open the actual program/interface from the tray icon and Avast! is telling me that the program is potentially unsafe and that I should run it in sandbox.  Has anybody else used this software and found that this is showing a false alarm, or know why it would be giving this warning?  I downloaded the program directly from the company's website, and as far as I know there is nothing else wrong (e.g. other infections) with my computer.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: Anybody use Crashplan? Avast! is giving me a warning.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
Hey, I recently decided to switch to Crashplan for online backup since my Mozy subscription expired and their new pricing tiers are lousy.  I've had it running backup for a few weeks and haven't noticed anything odd or really paid attention to it at all.

Tonight I tried to open the actual program/interface from the tray icon and Avast! is telling me that the program is potentially unsafe and that I should run it in sandbox.  Has anybody else used this software and found that this is showing a false alarm, or know why it would be giving this warning?  I downloaded the program directly from the company's website, and as far as I know there is nothing else wrong (e.g. other infections) with my computer.

Hi Vince,

Welcome to the forum,

Auto-Sandbox is running behind of your system which will warning each user if detected vulnerable applications running on your system.

And it back to each user how to decided and control this application either will allowed or not allowed running with sandbox. But you may check again your application version or is there any new patch update available for your application.

To make sure that your application your safety or not, you may upload to virustotal.com or installed Secunia Personal to detect each your vulnerable application on your system.

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya