Author Topic: report file location  (Read 13111 times)

Chucky500

report file location
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:24:20 AM »
Hopefully this is a quick-answer type of question...

For the life of me, I'm rarely able to generate a report file.  I'm talking about a report saved to a specified file at a specified location.  The file is just not at that location, and doing a search, I can't find it anywhere else.  I've managed it maybe once.

It would be handy to have a report file of a full system scan, for instance, in case the system goes down before I'm able to view the on-screen report.

Is the report file generated as the scan progresses, or is it all dumped out at the end of the scan?  The reason I ask that ? is if the system goes down part way through the scan, it would be nice to not have to start scanning all the way from the beginning.

Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: report file location
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:26:19 AM »
First you have to have enabled the Generation of a report file for the scan. Leave the * as the file name, that is the default file name (e.g. takes the name of the scan) and will be in the default location.

The default location depends on your OS:
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report
Vista, Win7 - C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report

These locations are likely to be hidden so you would need to unhide them in the explorer, Tools, Folder Options, settings.

####
You can view the basic information (number of files, quantity of data scanned, duration of scan on completion of the scan anyway. Or using the avastUI, Scan Computer, Scan Logs.through the

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security