Author Topic: Cant delete viruses?  (Read 2421 times)

wiccamoon3

Cant delete viruses?
« on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
I have a question, and im sorry if this is a topic somewhere else, im new to the site and haven't been able to search it all. I attached a picture, i ran a full scan of my entire computer and it found 7 different viruses. The only problem is i cant do anything with them, move them to the chest, delete, repair, nothing. I can select the option i want but the Apply button stays greyed out. Ive done this scan a couple times now and each time it finds the same ones. I'm wondering if anyone had any advice? Thanks much.
Kyla

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Cant delete viruses?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »
I would say that your running a custom scan with scan memory selected ? you need to untick the scan memory from your custom scans or stick to using the default scans, it looks like avast updated while you were scanning because those are avast virus definition signiture's in your screen shot.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
I would say that your running a custom scan with scan memory selected ? you need to untick the scan memory from your custom scans or stick to using the default scans, it looks like avast updated while you were scanning because those are avast virus definition signiture's in your screen shot.
almost correct craigb..... aawservice.exe   is Ad-Aware signatures detected

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
This is down to the unencrypted signatures loaded into memory by AdAware.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »
almost correct craigb..... aawservice.exe   is Ad-Aware signatures detected
Minor oversite on my part there (sorry) :P

wiccamoon3

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 03:25:05 AM »
Lol thanks guys. I unchecked the memory and scanned it again but this time it found nothing. Im just worried cause my World of Warcraft (nerd, i know) account keeps getting hacked so im pretty sure there is at least something on my computer.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:43:55 AM »
Whilst I'm no gamer, I would imaging that hacking can go on externally to your system if you don't have a strong password for your logon, etc.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it for a second opinion and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Don't worry about reported tracking cookies they are a minor issue and not one of security, allow SAS to deal with them though. - See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security