Author Topic: Ouch!!!!  (Read 5117 times)

gprzybyl

Ouch!!!!
« on: November 01, 2004, 09:35:12 PM »
I went to log into the console of our AMS and saw the following popup:

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: ....s\Alwil Software\Management Tools\avEngine.exe

A bugger overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state.  The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.  

Would this relate to the management service terminating unexpectedly?

neopolss

Re: Ouch!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:28:25 PM »
I'm having the same error message.  Avast does not load at startup, trying to run setup or add/remove gives a buffer overflow error.  The only system changes I have made is that I recently installed a DVD burner in place of my old DVD-rom.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Ouch!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:42:44 PM »
I'm having the same error message. Avast does not load at startup, trying to run setup or add/remove gives a buffer overflow error. The only system changes I have made is that I recently installed a DVD burner in place of my old DVD-rom.

You may be getting a similar error message, but it is not the same, you are using the avast home/pro desktop version of avast and not the 'avast! Distributed Network Manager' software. Please stay with the thread in the avast! home/pro forums that you have posted previously.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security