Author Topic: SBS License does not work with new released software  (Read 5246 times)

moseshull

SBS License does not work with new released software
« on: August 16, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I had to rebuild my Small Business Server 2008 server this weekend and so I thought I would upgrade to the latest AVAST Console. Well I guess there is some sort of mix-up in the licensing because now it says that my Exchange Add-In is not available and that I only have Avast Business Standard which does not include the Exchange portion. This is not good, because what is it is telling me is that AVAST is not going to honor its previous licensing from the 4.8 product to the new product. Has any one else seen this issue?

wpn

Re: SBS License does not work with new released software
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
contact the reseller that send you the new license

moseshull

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »
I would love to but I order through AVAST web site using the element5 payment system and I cannot for the life of me figure out who to contact because they will accept you money be will not leave anyway to contact them once they have it if you have a problem.

Offline claudiuc

• avast! Security Expert
  • Avast Reseller
  • www.avastantivirus.ro
    • www.avastantivirus.ro
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 02:01:29 AM »
You can try this form to get your new license file:

http://www.avast.com/en-eu/resend-license-paid.php
Claudiu C. - Easy Media
Avast & AVG Distributor Romania, Moldova, Hungary
https://www.avastantivirus.ro/

moseshull

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »
They sent me a new license but they said it will not work with the new software!! I need to continue to use the old software!!
Why do I pay for software maintenance if my license will not let me use the new software and still have access to the same function as the old?

The Exchange portion is not accessible in the new software with my current key. The SMTP scanning is gone.

I have read the agreement and it says that I am entitled to the upgrades, so what gives?

3. Upgrades and Updates
Upgrades and updates of the Software shall be provided to you by AVAST during the term of the license indicated in the Documentation or other transaction materials made available to you at the time you purchase the Software.
You will not be entitled to receive any feature or content
I want what I paid for which is when you improve the software that I will get everything I had in the old software.

This is just a bait and switch tacit.

AVAST is not honoring it commitment to it paying customers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:40:44 PM by moseshull »

RickD

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 01:20:09 AM »
I was told my my reseller that I would get free upgrades when I renewed for three years in feb.  When I installed on my server, I got business protection not protection plus when I activated the license file.

The reseller did send me a .pdf with conflicting info on it.  One part said there was no upgrade path for SBS suite and another part said that SBS suite upgraded to BPP.

This has not been resolved.

wpn

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »
@rickD   i can understand your frustration and confusion...

But it is your reseller who should solve this problem.

You have the document that states that SBS should be converted into BPP licenses instead of BP licenses.
This you can use with your reseller and tell him:
Look in the document you send me it is stated that current SBS licenses should be upgraded to BPP licenses (because of Exchange/Sharepoint), you delivered me the BP licenses which are not compliant with the licenses that i bought. Please send me the correct licenses.

He sold it wrongly to you, so he should also fix it for you WITHOUT extra costs.

RickD

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »
I posted this as a confirmation of the original poster's comment.

I expect this to get resolved.  I have not pursued it because there have been technical issues with the software that have not been resolved.  At this point, I am going back to 4.8 until the product is really ready.

moseshull

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
AVAST sold me the license, not a 3rd party reseller.