Author Topic: [help] how to Completely remove sandbox (not just disable)  (Read 8876 times)

ph34r

[help] how to Completely remove sandbox (not just disable)
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »
please help, sandbox is making me crazy...

this is the problem:
currently trying to use application from server (LAN), and of course its safe
when i try to run from client, server ALWAYS asking permission to open. but not when i open from server itself, vice versa
i've already disable on both computer, but still asking permission. even using auto and already excluded, still asking me.

my setup :
XP SP3, currently using LAN for cyber cafe!
i tried using some mmorpg and application. just ordinary ones... doesnt even need to modify registry or HD (i'ts all portable)
i even use autosandbox (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76650.165) and still same problem

if this goes on, i probably just install other AV. it's a pain if my user can't play because I need to grant permission from sandbox each time which is crazy
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:25:40 AM by ph34r »

Gargamel360

Re: [help] how to Completely remove sandbox (not just disable)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »
Might help if you say what application.

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »
As Gargamel360 says it would be better to know what the application is and find a cure but if you really want to add/remove features just run the installer again and modify the features used.

ph34r

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
for one is "lost saga", mmorpg
it will ask sandbox after gamehack shield is loading at least twice
since other mmo games also using gamehack shield, maybe they're gonna ask too, haven't tested it though
the other is wincatalog, radiosure and other i forgot (mostly portable apps from liberkey)

ill try to reinstall it and download newer installer.
i was using old ones, but already updated to latest

DarkMasters

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »
As Gargamel360 says it would be better to know what the application is and find a cure but if you really want to add/remove features just run the installer again and modify the features used.

The last time I install Avast Free from scratch is the 6.0.1125 version and there's no option to not installing or removing the AutoSandbox from Avast installation.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:00:05 AM by DarkMasters »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
@ ph34r
The autosandbox is an integral part of avast (both free and pro) and can't be uninstalled only disabled. Disabling should be enough, if it isn't then there is something else in the mix, behavior shield perhaps. So installing the latest version wouldn't change that.

So an image of the actual alert/warning window would help us to confirm that.

In the avast Pro version the 'Sandbox' (not autosandbox) is an additional module which can be uninstalled, but it is a user selective sandboxing, so shouldn't be at issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security