Author Topic: Computer hangs on shutdown  (Read 16780 times)

ady4um

Re: Computer hangs on shutdown
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 10:02:52 PM »
Well, if you haven't installed any other shields, then part of your connections are not so protected (network shield not installed).

Are you having any kind of hardware connected during your boots or shut downs? I mean, any card reader, USB device, special modem, wi-fi...

At least, just for testing, you should try disconnecting (or powering off) any "optional" hardware component.

Please report back.

YoKenny

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 11:06:41 PM »
I only installed web shield and P2P and disabled the silly avast gadget on my desktop. I only have avast check anything internet related nothing more.

My computer did an update this morning and yup my computer did hang but i'm dismissing it as the updates fault. I'll see how I get on.
Never had a problem with the avast! Gadget on my Windows 7 system.

Ronnie7

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
The only thing connected to my PC through USB is my headset. Would that honestly cause issues?

Ronnie7

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
Well might as well call this semi solved. The computer is fine now. I completely uninstalled avast and then installed it with no shields. So I can still search and eliminate viruses when I wish to put I haven't experimented with which shields were causing the problems as of yet. I may try playing around with it in the future but till then I'm glad my PC is functioning correctly.

ady4um

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
The shields are part of the active protection, which is very important nowadays.

Please keep reporting, whether you successfully add some shield and the system works correctly, or whether adding some shield provokes any kind of problem. That's the only way Avast Team can really solve conflicts.

Thanks.