Author Topic: [SOLVE] Rejection Reason: ComputerBanned  (Read 10880 times)

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
[SOLVE] Rejection Reason: ComputerBanned
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:55 AM »
installation avast BPP are smooth, deployment by Active Directory but some of computers which are in the network do not join active directory.

Problem
there are problems appeared in all computers which do not join active directory with error message : computerbanned, these computers can get update from avast! BPP but they don't get the licenses

How to solve this problem??

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:25:07 PM by spi »
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Rejection Reason: ComputerBanned
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:58:42 AM »
ComputerBanned message means that the "computer" isn't managed by the SBC console (server) or is "unknown". This approach should protect you from "unmanaged" computers stealing your licenses.
You'll have to manually add the computer to a group in Network tab. It will add the "banned" computer to a "managed" group. When it wil be accepted by the SBC then it wil receive license and also all the settings according to the group you've move it to.

In your case it should be enough to "Create new computer" with name and DNS name "oey"
Quality is also a feature.

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
Hi Lukas,

I have added some computers name, but the problem still occured.
FYI, on those computers can update to the SBC but the license is trial for 30 days.
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »
What is license used in the SBC Console? Is it Trial?
Quality is also a feature.

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »
Not trial, the license for 250 Bisnis Protection Plus
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:04:31 PM by spi »

impuls

Re: [SOLVE] Rejection Reason: ComputerBanned
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »
Described solution works for me...just add computer name (DNS name) to your group... ;)

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »
Described solution works for me...just add computer name (DNS name) to your group... ;)

Yes, it was solve now after restart the PC.

ZenCoder

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »
I just started browsing the forum looking for an answer to the "ComputerBanned" error. I run into this thread and I have done what you guys suggested, but I still get the "ComputerBanned" error. I am running "Business Protection Plus" trial, since we are evaluating multiple antivirus managers to replace Norton that it is slowing the system. I have two problems with Avast. First the ComputerBanned error mentioned above and second the client is slowing down the TCP stack making the network connection very slow. To the point if I Remote Desktop to it, it disconnect me every few seconds. If somebody can provide me with an answer I will appreciate it.

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »
I just started browsing the forum looking for an answer to the "ComputerBanned" error. I run into this thread and I have done what you guys suggested, but I still get the "ComputerBanned" error. I am running "Business Protection Plus" trial, since we are evaluating multiple antivirus managers to replace Norton that it is slowing the system. I have two problems with Avast. First the ComputerBanned error mentioned above and second the client is slowing down the TCP stack making the network connection very slow. To the point if I Remote Desktop to it, it disconnect me every few seconds. If somebody can provide me with an answer I will appreciate it.

first do the ping -a <ip address of the client computer> from command DOS
after that add the computer name on the group, ussually take about 5-10 minutes

for network adn RDP i don't have any problem with that.

btw, what is you OS?

ZenCoder

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
I had already tested that the both computers where in the DNS and resolving, However, I went ahead and did what you suggested and nothing. The "Business Protection Plus Management Console" is run on a Windows Server 2008 64 bits on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 (AMD 64bits). The Client is run on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, also on another Dell PowerEdge 2950. I have one client that connects with no problems and that is a Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits on an old Tyan motherboard with a Intel Pentium IV 3.06 GHz. That 32bit machine is not in the DNS, I can not ping it from the 'Management Console" machine; nevertheless, that Box is working without any problems.
As for the slowness of the TCP stack, is not only the RDP, but the transfer of files. In other words, the bandwidth has been reduced. I test on another Dell PowerEdge and had identical problems.

I will really appreciate someone's help. I have used Avast for personal use for years, and I have been trying to make the company change to it from Norton for quite some time. We are at the moment testing a replacement for Norton. Among those is Avast, and I really am giving it a good try. BitDefender and AVG are still contenders, but some of the other ones that have had a slight problem were discarded.

Sincerely,

ZenCoder

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
please try ping from SBC to the client ip address, if the ping is fail then make sure the firewall on the client is off.

so far I don't have any problem with SBC installed on WinServer 2008 R2 64 bits.

ZenCoder

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »
I have! I can ping both ways from the server to the client and from the client to the server. I can resolve both machines using nslookup (IP and Hostname), it keeps saying "ComputerBanned". As I said, I have a third computer a 32 bits machine that is not in the DNS, the firewall is on and I can not ping it from the Server side and it connects and the server is managing with out any problems.

I appreciate your reply, but there must be something that I am missing.

Sincerely,

ZenCoder

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 04:47:38 AM »
I dont have problem with 64bits or 32bits.

Please try turn off the windows firewall, or insert into exception for the Administration Console port communication

ZenCoder

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:41:06 PM »
Thank you very much for trying to help, but I work for a company and they want results, and this is taking too long. I DO have the Windows firewall off on the machine that does not work!
The machine that its working has the firewall on, there is no exception entry for the Manager, it is not pingable and IT WORKS! The only major difference that I see is that the one that works is a 32bit machine with a 32 bit version of Windows, and the one that DOES NOT WORK is a 64 bit machine with a 64 bits version of Windows. Unluckily, at this point Avast is not in the race any more. Again, thank you very much for trying to help.

Sincerely,

ZenCoder