Author Topic: What does Avast Internet Security have, that Zone Alarm Pro Version does not?  (Read 2278 times)

Griswald

Hi,

My Zone Alarm Pro version will be ending very soon and I was thinking about dropping Zone Alarm Pro Version and go with Avast Internet Security.  I already use your Free Anti Virus program, for many, many years now and it has saved my bacon many times.

What does Avast Internet Security have, that Zone Alarm Pro Version does not have and in your opinion which is the better of the two, Please?

Please, I DO NOT need any Flaming from anyone here, just a simple honest answer.  Like I have mentioned above I have used your FREE Anti Virus for many years and I considered it the best of all Anti Virus programs anywhere.    I have also used Zone Alarm Pro for many, many years with great success, but if Avast can make a Great Anti Virus program, so perhaps Avast Internet Security will be a lot better then Zone Alarm Pro.  I do not know and hoping some one here would give me any of there comments, Please?

Thanks for your time and have a Great Day and Evening!

Sparxx

Hi.
Though i never used Zone Alarm firewall, i can't give you the expected response, but i urge you to install the AIS trial, because nobody can answer your question better than your own experience.

dansorin

I used ZA pro many years ago. it's not what it used to be in the firewall business. personally, I would go with AIS, but best is to trial it for a while, as already mentioned, since each computer has different setup.

DarkMasters

Simple answer : AIS is full security suite while Zone Alarm Pro is firewall + antispam + identity protection + bell & whistle however it's - Antivirus and Antispyware.

AIS + feature worth to mention is SaveZone and Sandbox.

Check this http://www.avast.com/internet-security#tab3