Author Topic: Avast has slowed entire computer  (Read 12341 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: Avast has slowed entire computer
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
Actually,when i installed avast i would say that the computer was running faster(joking).
It didn't slow down my computer in any way,by no means!
And admittedly i don't have the best computer,dual core etc .

It could something else i guess.
Btw MSE's scan is really slow,i once tested it.Imagine that i went to see harry potter and after the movie it was still scanning. ;D

Just to add my 2 cents. All the systems at my workplace are on MSE, it isn't just the scan that is slow, updating the definitions takes forever. The detection rate is lower than avast!, it is nowhere near as configurable as avast! and it's heavier on the resources. I am at work atm, i have clicked on update 5 minutes ago and this is where we are at:

Effin' MSE, starting to really hate it...

EDIT: Finished, only took a little under 10 minutes to update...  ::)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:03:04 PM by Darth.Mikey »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »
MSE is "sux and it stinks!" and it should be trash in the bin, and it shouldn't be included in any OS platform in the first place
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

gwpaul

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
In spite of knowing I had already gone through a clean install, I uninstalled, went through the recommended removal procedures of old snit-virus (there was no evidence of the last package on the computer), and a new clean install of avast, it is still slowest I have ever encountered. 

Unless someone has something we have not covered, it looks like I will have to move on.  Waiting 3-4 seconds for a web site to appear is not acceptable.  (It was milliseconds before the install and I have an older laptop with slower processor and less ram that is faster on same web pages)

Thank you for all of your replies and help

Gary