Author Topic: I have problems despite I´ve got avast  (Read 14726 times)

yrrol

Re:I have problems despite I´ve got avast
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 09:49:17 PM »
Ok, thank you!
I just asked if you joked because, if I did, like I thoght you said I didn`t came out on internet at all. But it´s not the first time I have misunderstod what you have said. Excuse me.
I´ll remember that javascriptfiles are necessary for downloading program (but I`m not 100% sure) and the Virus that The Avast found were in Downloaded programfiles. So I guess that the Virus have messed up my Javascriptfiles. Perhaps I must configurate my disk. Luckily do I have the most important files on another disk, the guy in the PC-store was foresighted and made 2 harddisks for me. My English start to flow better when I´m chatting with you, it was some years ago I spoke English. I think I like Internet and this forum.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 11:16:17 PM »
I´ll remember that javascriptfiles are necessary for downloading program
Javascript is a scripting language that can be used for many tasks. eg: having a clock on the webpage, count how many times a file is downloaded, showing different pictures at the same place in a webpage, perform calculations and much more.

yrrol

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 06:35:56 AM »
Whar does the abbreviation e.g means?

yrrol

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 03:51:29 AM »
Howdy again!
Now I`ve been at the pc-store and the guy there said that the virus shutdown The Avast for me. And he also sold a good virusprogram for me, so I hope that the problems have ended with this.

GOD IS GREAT!

MIGHTYMAN

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 11:27:28 AM »
Which Antivirus programe did you buy from him?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 01:58:17 PM »
Howdy again!
Now I`ve been at the pc-store and the guy there said that the virus shut-down The Avast for me. And he also sold a good virusprogram for me, so I hope that the problems have ended with this.

You met a great salesman, who sold you something you didn't really need.

If the virus could shut-down avast (and we only have his word for that, what was the virus that he said did it?), then it could theoretically could shut-down other AVs. So it is quite possible that this could happen again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

yrrol

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2004, 07:32:21 PM »
Reply to: Mightyman And DavidR

Mightyman;
I bought Norman Security Software including Norman Virus Control With Norman Sandbox V2 from the PC-store. It cost me 500 Swedish Crowns. It`s about 50 euros.

DavidR;
Yes David, I´ve thought of that possibility to. Maybe the guy in the pc-store is ripping me of, but the time will show .
The Avast caught the Virus so I could move It to the chest. The only thing I know about the Virus is what The Avast told me. Quote: result infection: Win 32:A unquote. I`ll inform you at this forum what the other AV is like.

So Long Brothers!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2004, 07:47:52 PM »
Do you always buy things you don't need?

If so, come to my place. I have a lot to sell ;D

Avast Pro, 3 year license = 66.26 euro
Norman Virus Control 3 years = 109 euro
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 07:53:42 PM by Eddy »

yrrol

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 06:58:27 PM »
Ok Guys!
I listen to you. Tomorrow I´ll go to the pc-store and have a little chat with the bloke. If the guy thinks he can fooling around with me I´ll show him who he are dealing with and drag his name in the dirt in whole Gothenburg. We don´t know each other, but i´m telling you, if I gets angry...

I haven´t always been a carpenter!

whocares

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2004, 07:27:05 PM »

Quote: result infection: Win 32:A unquote.

Most decidedly NOT:

a) it can only be "Win32" (without the space)
b) are you sure you expanded the columns in the report (by dragging the column's title-bars) ?
The filename you listed above rather implies that it was something like:
"Win32:Adware-003 [Trj]"
-> See_4th_entry

;)

yrrol

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2004, 06:55:33 AM »
Reply to: Whocares

Yes, that was an intresting site. But I don`t have time to search at this moment, because I need to hurry to my work.
I didn`t drag the column´s title-bars. But it feels like I´m almost sure (95% sure) that it was everything what stood.

Can it be a new virus?
Can it have been a hacker who shutdown the Avast for me?

Minus degrees celsius and snow are coming to Gothenburg and that means plenty of extrawork for me, because I need to protect a newly made concreteground to a house. Therefore do I need to travel couple of hours up
north. Maybe I don´t have time to visit the pc-store today.

yrrol

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2004, 02:08:01 AM »
I said the words on the wrong forum. This is what I´m telling The Swedish Police Force.

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH! FUCK YOU!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2004, 08:34:28 AM »
Can it be a new virus?
Since Avast and others detect, it is not likely.
Besides if you look at the number, you can see it is an old one.
An old one, but nasty.
I always recommend people to use Avast and as backup a online scanner, just for cases like this.Rember that there is no way that a av application can detect all malware.

If you have the time, you may want to have a look at the page in my signature. It may be of help to you. If you decide to visit that page, I suggest you also have a look at the HijackThis section. Could be very interesting since HijackThis is a very helpfull tool.

yrrol

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2004, 11:59:34 PM »
Excuse Me for the language. The F... words is written when I was drunk. Sorry

The line is from a movie. (Falling down with Michael Duoglas).