Author Topic: Argente utilities  (Read 5541 times)

Relu

Argente utilities
« on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:35 AM »
Hello,
What about using Argente utilities. Does it work with AIS?
Regards
Relu

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Argente utilities
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
Never heard of it, why are you so persistant in wanting to install these utilities as you've been answered many times already on the same subject and the answer is still the same as before.

hayc59

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:46:56 AM »
Hello,
What about using Argente utilities. Does it work with AIS?
Regards
Relu
Install it and let us know how it goes ;)

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 07:46:02 AM »
Just downloaded it. Looks like a bargain for FREE.

If I don't get back, it ruined my computer. ;)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:34 AM »
Well, I installed it and it obviously has not been in use long enough to make any judgement regarding compatibility with avast! but so far so good.

I will tell you two things that bother me- it found 3126 Registry errors and 5547 Privacy errors which I find difficult to believe because I take good care of my 5 computers and I installed Argente on my main computer.

I'm afraid that if I let Argente clean my computer, I'll be reinstalling my OS and all my programs. I will never know, because I will not push the clean button.

That's it.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
You honestly didn't expect any thing less than a program that was going to destoy your system did you  ::)

Other than Ccleaners trusted light and safe registry clean the only other tool i would trust is eusing free which goes deeper than ccleaner but it has never taken out anything required for me plus it makes backups of everything removed so if there were some problem it is a simple one click to put it back to how it was.

Relu

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 08:52:35 AM »
Hello,
I put this question because I found on Bitdefender forum that the customers can use Ccleaner or Argente utilities to remove the remains of uninstalled software from registry. I tried it and I cleaned the registry. It has a back up manager and you can restore the computer.
Thanks
Relu

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
Anyway, the program has a backup feature so you can put back what it may have removed.

Sorry, Relu already said that.

The program is not for the faint of heart.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:57:34 AM by jadinolf »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »
Hello,
I put this question because I found on Bitdefender forum that the customers can use Ccleaner or Argente utilities to remove the remains of uninstalled software from registry. I tried it and I cleaned the registry. It has a back up manager and you can restore the computer.
Thanks
Relu
There has been plenty of good advice offered in the way of wheather these programs are needed or even necessary so if you choose to ignore that advice then that is your choice and i suppose we'll be hearing from you when you've completly trashed you system  ;D

Relu

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:09 AM »
Hello,
I used it but not anymore. I uninstalled it. No damage to my computer. The reviews of software are not bad. Of course it depends on preferences. Thanks for your replies. I have installed on my pc Ccleaner, Auslogics defrag and internet optimizer.
Regards,Relu

ady4um

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Why would anyone would like to "risk" anything by "blindly cleaning" the registry is beyond my understanding.

When you search for a specific (type of) item to delete, fine. When you are just going to "give it a chance" using "default settings" to "clean" the registry, it's just a "marketing/publicity" issue, and there is nothing "real" about it.

If one "registry cleaner" works for one particular user, it is for certain not working "for all users". The results being helpful for one specific user are as valid as being problematic for other. There is no general rule here. I have seen both positive and negative results with different "registry cleaners". And when I say "negative results" I don't mean just "it didn't clean", but "it made things more complicated (worse). And I really mean several different tools, including CCleaner.

Something equivalent happens with "optimizers" and alike.

This is just my experience, and others have their own. So there is no "definitive" answer here, whether it is about Argente, CCleaner or many others.

If you really know what you are doing, fine. If you blindly accept default options and "clean all sections included/marked" (or "optimize all selected items"), then you are probably better without them.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »
It's my understanding that it is not necessary to "clean" the registry.

I've done it for years but I am not into screwing up my computer so, yes, I uninstalled it.

I only installed it to answer questions and satisfy my curiosity. ;D