Author Topic: Incompatibility of Web Agent with Jdownloader for downloading dl.free.fr links  (Read 3392 times)

ben1977

Hi,

Since a few days (recent update of Avast Free or of Jdownloader ?), Avast Web agent prevents Jdownloader from downloading links dl.free.fr (web storage provided by the french internet provider FREE.fr). There is a message "problem with provided, change your IP". However, downloading a link dl.free.fr directly through internet explorer or through Mozilla is still possible.
I have to disable the Avast web agent if I want to use Jdownloader (if I remove the check of Web HTTP communications in Avast web agent there's no effect. In advanced settings, also no effect if I add in exclusions http://dl.free.fr/* )

An idea ?
Thank you very much ...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Try using *.dl.free.fr*
Also, do you use any firewall? Any other security program?
The best things in life are free.

ben1977

Hi !
I've tried but no success... The strange think is that before to chose the "expert settings", there is something that I can set or not which is "scan web communications (HTTP)". "expert settings" seems to be a sub-level of this main option. But no matter if I choose or not the main option "scan web communication", the only way of solving the problem at the moment is to stop the service ...
It seems as if the fact of getting into jdownloader is the blocking thing, since downloading the link through mozilla is OK ...

ady4um

Delete the firewall rules for Avast. Reboot. When your firewall asks you to add Avast to the rules, add the ("new") rule.

Then add avastScv.exe to your firewall rules too (if this was not asked by the firewall itself).

You could also try:

web shield -> expert settings -> "well known browsers only".

But the first priority should be the firewall rules (better security).

Save, reboot, test and report back.