Author Topic: Translation suggestion for the french version  (Read 3095 times)

farfouille

Translation suggestion for the french version
« on: November 09, 2004, 10:29:07 PM »
Hellewo

I am testing this new version on Win XP Pro french and I would like to suggest some translation inprovments.

In the skinless simple interface "suspendre le scan en cours" is too wide for the button (part 4, bottom of the dialog). I propose instead :
"Suspendre le scan"
I would also replace "stop scan" by "Arrêter le scan".

In the "setup" dialog, "common" part the fourth check box text dealing with checking other removable media when closing the session is clipped.

Once again, many thanks to the alwil team for such a good free AV.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Translation suggestion for the french version
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 10:47:24 PM »
Thanks for the tips!

Actually, the French translation of the program is being revised right now. Unfortunatelly, it will take some more time to finish, so it won't make it to the avast! 4.5 release. Hopefully it will be updated soon afterwards.

farfouille

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 08:46:39 AM »
Hope the french translation in the current state will be available with the 4.5.

IMO it is already good enough for any french user that don't feel very comfortable with
Shakespeare's language.  ;)

I've found 2 more little glitches while updating from the setup menu :

1) The message about the package saving use the word "sauvegarde" but it is misspelled "savegarde" wthout the "u" after the "a"

2) The final message syaing that the update was succesfull is written :
"La mise à jour as été effectuée avec succès" should be
"La mise à jour a été effectuée avec succès".

Tell me if  my  suggestions are usefull or if I should wait for the final french translation, or if I should send them to the french translator. I just want to help not to make your work harder.

farfouille

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 02:43:31 PM »
Hello,

First a big thank to all the team for the last version.  The new design of the web site is very nice and professional (although it remains me somehow web site of kerio).

I would like to suggest another modification for the french translation. I find that the recommended action action in the window that pops up when a virus has been found is a little bit confusing because the sentence mixes 2 possible actions (see the picture)
Instead of the recommended action : "Déplacer vers la zone de quarantaine"  (move to the chest) I suggest "Mettre en quarantaine"  which is exactly the action button label.

It's not a big issue, but I think that this particular popup should be made as clear as possible because when it appears, users tend to be nervous (eventhough they are invited not to panic ;) )

Farfouille