Author Topic: How to schedule a boot scan?  (Read 3492 times)

kneedeep

How to schedule a boot scan?
« on: November 11, 2004, 06:08:14 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this AV. How do you schedule Avast to do a boot scan? I have looked through this board, no dice. I don't see it on the protection control. lol I don't even know how to do a regular scan for that matter.

Thanks

Kneedeep

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:How to schedule a boot scan?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 06:12:23 PM »
I have looked through this board, no dice.
Next time try the search option on this board, many threads are explaining it ;)

Boot scan is only possible if you have a NT based OS.
start Avast > Menu > Shedule boot scan

I don't even know how to do a regular scan for that matter.
Just a suggestion. Read the manual/help if you get a new application. It tells/explains a lot. :D

kneedeep

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »
I did do a search. Only two came up and both said "ok I found out how to do a boot scan". But they never said how. Thanks. I'll take another look.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 06:19:50 PM »
Start by reading the avast help file Start > All Programs > avast! Anti-virus > Help. Make your self familiar with the program to get the best out of it.

A search for 'boot scan' will return many hits, as this has been discussed many times. There is a wealth of information on these forums available to all.

Right click on the avast icon and select start avast! anti-virus, her you can start regular scans and boot scans (OS dependent), what OS are you using? Pressing F1 should also bring up the help file or click the Menu or right click and you have access to settings, schedule boot scan, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kneedeep

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 06:22:35 PM »
OK got it, thanks. It's loading as we speak. I like the look of the control panel. Looks sleek. Thanks again.