Author Topic: Internet Security: Fileshield report questions  (Read 1975 times)

bilbo--baggins

Internet Security: Fileshield report questions
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
Where are these stored by default?  If I have it set to append and not overwrite, are these kept indefinitely?  Are there any other real-time shield logs that are retained?

Is this product therefore suitable for PCI compliance (which requires antivirus software capable of identifying and removing common viruses etc, and to keep audit logs for at least 12 months.

ady4um

Re: Internet Security: Fileshield report questions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
Avast main GUI -> settings -> maintenance -> change the settings you want/need.

The logs are created according to the scan and the shield, and they are all simple text file. Some are automatically replaced when a new scan is ran. You could prepare an automatic backup (using backup tools) of the logs and save them elsewhere.

bilbo--baggins

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
If I set it to only delete logs older than 365 days does this definitely keep shield logs too?  I assumed this only related to the on-demand scanning?

Where are the text files located, if I'm to set up automated copying?

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »
There are more than just one available setting, so the "365 days" might not be enough (it may get to the size limit, just as an example). You might want to check the specific settings for shields ("expert settings" for each shield) and in each particular scan.

The path is in ProgramData -> Avast Software (or Alwil software) -> Avast (or Avast 5) -> log -> there should be several logs.

I am writing the "path" from memory so there might be a little difference (it also depends on OS and Avast version), but that should be enough for you to find the exact path in your particular case.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Where are these stored by default?

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0