Author Topic: need help  (Read 15730 times)

scousemouse

need help
« on: November 14, 2004, 08:22:11 PM »
 :D
hi just down loaded the new avsat update for the free version  have let access for all with zone alarm the pooter crashes cananyone enlighten me as to wot the prob could be  thanks to all who can help

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:need help
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 08:24:44 PM »
Please provide more information like what os, what is the exact error you are getting and such.

techie101

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 08:25:29 PM »
scouse,

ZA seems to be having a problem with Avast for some reason.  Shut down Za and try again.

We may need to recommned a different firewall if the problem continues.

scousemouse

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:28:34 PM »
will try wot you say but both have run along each other for some time had no probs , thats all i can tell u as nothing else comes up other than it reboots time after time thats all i can tell you, srry
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 08:30:14 PM by scousemouse »

scousemouse

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 08:55:30 PM »
was  just in the middle of replying  zone alarm was off and guess wot pooter shut down have got zone alarm bac on the pooter stable  so to me its the 4.5 update that got a problem  was doing a scan with avast when i closed z/alarm  so any help please as this will leave pooter open  and no anti virus protection  getbac soon please, this only happin snice i d/l the update to 4.5  thanks is there a problem with that , no prob when z/a on computer stable  pooter shut down when i ran avast
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 08:58:30 PM by scousemouse »

techie101

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 11:18:17 PM »
scouse,

AS I said, Zone Alarm is having a problem with Avast or if you want to look at it the other way....Avast is having a problem with Zone Alarm.

Until the problem is fixed by the Avast Team, I recommend that you change firewalls, (or antivirus).

Sygate and Agnitum Outpost are fine programs and free.

Don't ask to me to recommend an antivirus since I don't think you will find better than Avast for the price and support, but you can temporarily install AVG Free.... :-[

I know that ZA worked with the older version of Avast but the 4.5 seems to have trouble working with it.
If you have the older version of Avast, uninstall 4.5 and put back 4.1 for now.

That's all I can recommend at this time.  

Sorry.  :'(

scousemouse

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 12:34:45 AM »

ok thanks for the info appreciate  
don,t want to get rid of avast as it is very good  ,cheers  :)

LANGERS

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 12:04:21 PM »
Hi, i have exactly the same problem, did you manage to uninstall Avast 4.5??  Does your pc stop re-booting??

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 02:13:02 PM »
Is the problem solved with the latest build? (4.5.523)

scousemouse

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 07:46:53 PM »
hi all
just got an other update  from avast rebooted the pooter  all seems ok avast running with zone alarm  but i keep getting doom exploit trying to get ip number

whocares

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 08:36:59 PM »
i keep getting doom exploit

Hi,

1) Apply all Windowsupdates
2) Set ZoneAlarm to block incoming connections on Port 135 (and maybe Port 445) -> See ZoneAlarm manual/Docu/Website/Forum for this
3) if you give the exact/complete message by avast, maybe we could give more help
4) Don't know if it's possible to suppress alerts for "Network Shield"-Provider (blocking should still be done, unless you have your system secured very well)

;)

inthewildteam

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 12:42:48 AM »
I would have added something to this thread but I find the use of txt spelling deeply offensive.

English is my first language, I spell wot as what .....pooter is computer.......and I don't aks someone to help. I ask them.

Scousemouse, if you are in the Liverpool area, you really do need to update your use of English.

scousemouse

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 12:59:05 AM »
hi
 i did not post on to be slagged off about the way i type things if you have no imput shut up and don,t say a word moron  , ok m8

scousemouse

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 01:03:45 AM »
the problem i was on about came up as {dcom exploit  but got the updates
from windows but still get avast blocking it don,t  seem to be that bother
now .
oh and i do know the queen,s english  ok  inthewidlteam
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 01:04:21 AM by scousemouse »

inthewildteam

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 01:08:52 AM »
That just proves my use of English and your response.

By the way, have you looked at your punctuation?  It's input, not imput!