Author Topic: Disable/rechedule daily scan?  (Read 4062 times)

jclausen

Disable/rechedule daily scan?
« on: January 23, 2012, 06:04:54 PM »
Hi,

We are running Business Protection. It seem like a scan is initiated every morning or when the computer is first turned on. I have been getting complaints of computers running very slow in the mornings. I checked one and found the full scan and quick scan running at the same time. One only had the quick scan running. What is the schedule/trigger by default? Where can I change or disable this.

Thank you,
John

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Disable/rechedule daily scan?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »
Hi,
you can go under the JOB and edit the settings of full scan and quick scan (I suggest you to remove the quick scan or set to run once).
Remember that if one of your PC is turned off when is programmed a scan, the scan will be execute on the next reboot.

Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

nannunannu

Re: Disable/rechedule daily scan?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
...computers running very slow in the mornings. I checked one and found the full scan and quick scan running at the same time.

I've got avast set to wake machines up to run the scan, which greatly reduces this, but it still happens here as well.  Some older machines are getting CRUSHED by this particular issue.  Problem is, the full scan is set to update the cache, weekly, the quick scan is set to rely on that cache, daily.  Disabling either doesn't seem to be an option. 

Ugh.