Author Topic: Signature Update still fails through non-transparent proxy  (Read 4628 times)

Rainer S. Webersinke

Signature Update still fails through non-transparent proxy
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:37 PM »
Hello again,

I just want to inform you that the latest beta (build 35600b) still fails to download the current signatures using a non-transparent proxy.

When starting the avast-gui first, Mac OSX asks weather or not avast is allowed to use my keyring for authentication. I selected "always allow" and the gui displays information about the current version of avast virus scanner. (Sorry for my poor translation, I use a non-english OSX ;) )

Never the less, VPS download failes as the updater still tries to directly access the internet and ignores the global network settings for my proxy.

Could you fix this please within one of the next releases please?

My - virtual - Windows-machine, fitted with avast for windows can deal with the proxy like a charm...

Regards

Rainer

By the way: Is there a chance to modify a setting file (where is it located and which parameters are needed) to force the updater to use a proxy server?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:37:53 PM by Rainy »

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Signature Update still fails through non-transparent proxy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »
Hello again,

I just want to inform you that the latest beta (build 35600b) still fails to download the current signatures using a non-transparent proxy.

When starting the avast-gui first, Mac OSX asks weather or not avast is allowed to use my keyring for authentication. I selected "always allow" and the gui displays information about the current version of avast virus scanner. (Sorry for my poor translation, I use a non-english OSX ;) )

Never the less, VPS download failes as the updater still tries to directly access the internet and ignores the global network settings for my proxy.

My - virtual - Windows-machine, fitted with avast for windows can deal with the proxy like a charm...

Regards

Rainer

By the way: Is there a chance to modify a setting file (where is it located and which parameters are needed) to force the updater to use a proxy server?
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Signature Update still fails through non-transparent proxy
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:11:36 PM »
Hello again,

Regards

Rainer

Hallo,
the updater can access non-transparent proxies, but this functionality isn't directly configurable for the end user, we'd like to bind this with system-wide proxy configuration in furue releases.

Regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)