Author Topic: AIS 6.0 upgrade from free?  (Read 2067 times)

CityKiwi

AIS 6.0 upgrade from free?
« on: November 11, 2011, 03:04:19 AM »
I today paid for an upgrade from Avast Free to AIS suite..All good payment went thru, and upgrade seemed to work ok, but what I ended up with was Free with AIS logo, the program was the same as Free! I uninsalled and downloaded AIS, all good, all new features there except... but the firewall does not work, does not show on th UI? All previous firewalls are not showing on my PC?  ???

iyogisolutions1

Re: AIS 6.0 upgrade from free?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:14:09 AM »
Hi

Welcome to avast forum.

Please make sure that your computer doesn't have any other security software in it.It is not recommended to have more than one security software in the computer at the same time. It will cause conflicts in your computer which will seriously compromise your computer's performance. Hope you got our point.

You can download the removal tools of respective softwares from the following link.

http://thewebatom.net/uninstallers/security-software/

Have a wonderful day. Good k@rma

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AIS 6.0 upgrade from free?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:20:08 AM »
I suggest that you try a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast (AIS) 6.0.1289, http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 5.x and 6.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 5.x if previously installed and then for 6.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

What firewall were you using when you only had avast free as it didn't have a firewall ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security