Author Topic: I'm very angry with avast  (Read 30520 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: I'm very angry with avast
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
Sure, but it's for support in German only. :P
It will be easier and faster I learn German than got Microsoft listening to me ;D

True. ;D
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

YoKenny

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »
Thankfully I have never needed System Restore on my Windows 7 system but I do use Windows 7 Backup and Restore feature:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1838/using-backup-and-restore-in-windows-7

ady4um

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
Tech,

You now have 2 simultaneous topics, essentially about the same issue. You are starting to interpret the posts of these 2 topics in a very special manner.

I think that you made your point: the repair function of avast is not working correctly after returning to some previous restore point.

We all hope Avast Software is taking note and trying its best to improve this situation.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »
Tech,

You now have 2 simultaneous topics, essentially about the same issue. You are starting to interpret the posts of these 2 topics in a very special manner.

I think that you made your point: the repair function of avast is not working correctly after returning to some previous restore point.

We all hope Avast Software is taking note and trying its best to improve this situation.
Sorry for the double posting.
But as avast team does not answer neither of them and the problem persists, maybe my voice will be heard.
The best things in life are free.

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 05:57:45 PM »
Did any xp user (except for myself) try the suggestion I made in post #35.

Have any xp users used the srdiag program, which gives the reason system restore failed?
I t may give some helpful info.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:06:18 PM by davexnet »
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 06:01:17 PM »
Did amy xp user (except for myself) try the suggestion I made in post #35.

Nope, but I've no problems with SR on XP systems.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »
Did amy xp user (except for myself) try the suggestion I made in post #35.

Have any xp users used the srdiag program, which gives the reason system restore failed?
I t may give some helpful info.
Well, this time system restore worked. The problem is avast installation final situation.
The best things in life are free.

marcelo.petal

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »
I'm having the same problem on multiple machines with xp, windows 7 has not yet happened.
I use Office 2010, I began to look crazy DDS, GMER, Combofix, MBAM and others, and always after login explorer froze and did not get any incident program, open the task manager, kill explorer, when ordered to start the explorer . exe manager crashed, I'm solving this problem going into safe mode, clearing the restore points with CCleaner, turn off system restore points, uninstall avast, start normally and it usually occurs, the explorer opens, the services begin properly, reinstall avast, active again and restart the system restore points and voala okay ...

Users here is not like the system recovery, the more we have to take into account that most do not have the knowledge to acknowledge even this bug, and end up formatting the machine thinking they are infected ...

curiosity ... after uninstalling avast, I run ComboFix and it always deletes the folder "C: \ Windows \ CSC \ D6"
every time I have this problem with avast ..

Marcelo.