Author Topic: CPU at 100%  (Read 7741 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:CPU at 100%
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 09:56:15 AM »
1] And you know what all processes are? I don't so. Besides if you see a harmfull process it is already on your system while it should be stopped before it gets there.

2] It only scans for viruses, not other malware. I suggest you also get and use Ad-Aware and Spybot s&d

3] Worms don't care about that. Many of them generate tons of random IP's, check if they excist and than try to infect those systems.

I stronlgy suggest you install a software firewall, or get a router with build in hardware firewall.

watchthisspace

Re:CPU at 100%
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 10:00:37 AM »
1] And you know what all processes are? I don't so. Besides if you see a harmfull process it is already on your system while it should be stopped before it gets there.

2] It only scans for viruses, not other malware. I suggest you also get and use Ad-Aware and Spybot s&d

3] Worms don't care about that. Many of them generate tons of random IP's, check if they excist and than try to infect those systems.

I stronlgy suggest you install a software firewall, or get a router with build in hardware firewall.
I agree with Eddy on this one  :) some good software firewalls are
Zonealram
Sygate
Outpost