Author Topic: Timeout connexion **big problem**  (Read 6386 times)

Gaisetlesbiennes.c

Timeout connexion **big problem**
« on: November 18, 2004, 11:27:13 PM »
Hi,

I have a big problem with Avast 4.5 (french). When I would like to open Outlook 2000 and check my new e-mail, many many pop-up from Avast will arrived. This pop-up are on illimited. Not just one.. many many.. is not possible to continue with Windows XP.

Timeout de connection (in french). I think in english will been Timeout connexion.

Do you have a patch, or what is my problems!

Thanks

Gaisetlesbiennes.c

Re:Timeout connexion **big problem**
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 11:28:16 PM »
my father have this same problems on diffrent computor.. same version of Avast 4.5

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 11:37:44 PM »
Before posting, try to search forums on that topic. There is very usefull SEARCH button up there, but many people rather ask million times exactly the same question.

I'm not saying anything against you, but this way we bring so much confusion in here. There is no chance for us to answer on all those questions... Stick with one thread and there you can find your answer. There is a lot of threads in this forums that explains this issue...

Thanks !

Cheers !

EDIT: Here is one of those threads:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=8786
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 12:00:57 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Gaisetlesbiennes.c

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 11:50:08 PM »
Hi

I'm really sorry, is it possible to give me a link on this forum about this problems.. I'm not good in english

Thank you very much for all

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 12:00:30 AM »
It's OK.

Regarding a link... I just gave you a link in my first reply to you... see my previous post and at the bottom you'll find huge link. Just click on it...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 12:01:32 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Gaisetlesbiennes.c

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »
Hi,

I'm reallt sorry if I post a question about same problems.. I have read your redirection URL and it's just a little bit hard to read. Sorry for my english.

Is it possible to give me step by step
?

Thank you very much

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 05:08:08 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't use Outlook, I use Outlook Express and I never experienced anything like you have experienced. I just gave you a link for the thread where other guys discussed about it, so you may wanna try to read about it in there, and if they already found some solution, you'll get hood help in there. I'm not sure, but I think VLK posted some link for some patch or something, so try there and see if that helps. Reading carefully all those posts and replies may help you a lot. Just calm down, and go through all those posts in that thread.

Cheers !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
Try to increase both timeouts (of avast into the Advanced tab of Internet Mail provider settings and of your email account, in Properties of the account, Advanced tab too). You can set both to 600, for instance. If you're on a DSL connection (not dial-up) it shouldn't be necessary a so long timeout anyway...

Do you use any spam killer? Sometimes the spam killer enters in a 'loop' and consume all the timeout. Shutdown it and start it again.
The best things in life are free.

peterfu

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 10:35:05 PM »
Sorry to correct You Technical, but  Gaisetlesbiennes.c uses Outlook 2000, so the settings should be changed in the Outlook/Exchange Provider - if I remember well in one of the threads it helped also to disable the Internet Mail provider if Outlook is used - their seems to be some conflicts in the current version.

br
Peter

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 10:38:08 PM »
Sorry to correct You Technical, but  Gaisetlesbiennes.c uses Outlook 2000, so the settings should be changed in the Outlook/Exchange Provider - if I remember well in one of the threads it helped also to disable the Internet Mail provider if Outlook is used - their seems to be some conflicts in the current version.

Peter, if I'm wrong you should corrected me  ;)
We're here for this  8)
Anyway, I tried to post the general procedure for timeouts problems: increase both in avast! settings and into the email accounts properties  8)
The best things in life are free.

peterfu

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 10:48:39 PM »
@Technical : OK, have sometimes the impression that the things should or better must be explained very clear to be understood   ;)

May be the Timeout problem could be part of Your excellent FAQ ?? (also the SSL solution posted in one of the threads)

br
peter

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 11:02:02 PM »
Peterfu, Internet connection timeout solution is already explained in my signature...  ;) I advised everyone who experienced such a problems to take a look in there first. Only one post, and everything is explained in there. And best of all, changing the internet connection timeout value is very simple process.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 11:04:07 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

peterfu

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 11:14:20 PM »
S.Z.Craftec, sorry have not recognized that - Yes it's very simple and everyone should know how to do it in his mail client, but .....
br
Peter

Gaisetlesbiennes.c

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 12:40:11 AM »
I have wrote to Vlk, I will wait step by step...

peterfu

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 08:05:38 AM »
Hi Gaisetlesbiennes.c,
have You tried what was suggested here from Technical, S.Z. Craftec and myself ???

1) disable Internet Mail Provider (assuming the Outlook/Exchange provider is active)
2) increase Timeout in Outlook/Exchange Provider
3) set Timeout in Outlook to same value

What are the results ?  
Without any feedback from You it's impossible to help You.

br
Peter
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 08:06:57 AM by peterfu »